I want an Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MAC1988, Jun 1, 2007.

1. MAC1988 macrumors member

Well i have been going crazy lately over getting me a new iMac im looking at the 24" iMac but after reading quite a bit there are obviously rumors that the new iMacs will be here by the end of the month? Who true could this be the guys at the apple store are looking at me like i have 3 heads but then again , the mac genius told me to come on the boards to figure out how to triple boot (osx , ubuntu , xp) since he wasnt aware off the top of his head. lol go figure can someone give me some real support since the guys at mac obviously can't do that

2. bdemers macrumors newbie

I wanted an iMac too...

I had been waiting since December.

I gave in two weeks ago, and I've never been happier.

We'll see if that lasts in two weeks.

Either way, I've got an awesome computer for the summer, no glitches, no Rev. A. issues...

If something new comes down the line, I can sell and upgrade with the confidence that my computer will retain its value.

In short: waiting sucks, don't get stuck in that game past WWDC

3. furious macrumors 65816

furious

:in reference to title:

So do I kid. A macbook was all I could afford at the time. Never had a keyboard or monitor let alone a mouse.

4. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

im so close to just going out and buying it but it would just be horrible to go spend 2 grand and not evan 3 weeks later theres a new imac i would sceam lol

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wait 2 weeks until after WWDC.

Also please fix your original post, it is very difficult to read.

6. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

My advice, (that I didn't take) is wait for santa rosa. It will be here shortly across the board for all macs. I would say after the jobs stands up and announces them at you know where.

7. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

YOU want to know what really ticks me off. When people say Imac or Ipod

IT'S iMac and iPod!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!!

8. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

well im new to the whole mac thing ive been jamming im my girlfriends ibook and i liked it so i ended up buying a 800mhz G4 for 200$ on craigslist and i really like i just want to be able to Triple boot and so on but exactly what is the santarosa sworry for being a total newb but im just now getting into macs.

9. chipchen macrumors 6502

Wow... that's a run-on sentence if I ever saw one.

Santa Rosa is the newer, updated processor / architecture. Basically, faster. We're expecting updates in a few months at the most.

10. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

I apologize for all the run on sentences and mispelling's I'm usually always in a rush I apologize. So basically Santa Rosa is the new intel technology correct?

As far as the current iMacs are there still programs that are unavailable on the intel chip platforms still i have always built my own computers so spending 2 grand is quite a bit for me considering there not very upgradable how beneficial would it be for me to wait for the new iMacs.

11. Fantomas macrumors newbie

Fantomas

A few months?!?! :confused:

If the new IMac won't come by the end of June I give up, I'll buy the fastest PC available and I will run Linux. As far as I am concerned uncle Bill and Steve boy can respectively put Vista and the Iphone up in their......

Ab imo pectore

12. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

I agree with Fantomas if its not out but the end of the month ill keep running Ubuntu till its out thanks for the heads up guys.

13. bfresh macrumors newbie

If that ticks you off, you have issues.

14. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

I support bfresh's opinion.

To the OP, If I were you I'd wait until WWDC (just a few days remaining) to see if there's anything new from Apple.

If there isn't (which I strongly doubt) just buy the 24" iMac, you won't be disappointed :D

15. papadopolis1024 macrumors 6502

Why would that mean I have issues? Just because it annoys me that NEWBS wont/dont even learn enough about apple to even know how to spell one of there products names.

16. jruc4871 macrumors regular

Irony FTW

17. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Only slight.
    The mispelling of iPod and iMac bothers me too.
    Apparently people use iPODs wherever Colin Bateman lives. You think they would have noticed... :(

18. astewart macrumors member

Well, Someone correct me if I'm wrong, you can only Boot up Windows using Bootcamp, I don't think you can with Ubuntu or any other OS for that matter.

Now, to run Ubuntu natively you can Create a Seperate Partion using iPartition, then boot off the Ubuntu Live CD, which you can get from here :

http://digg.com/apple/Ubuntu_Live_CD_for_intel_Mac_

Install it on that partition and you should be all set.

Your best bet for any Linux Distro would be to use Parallels instead, in my own opinion.

19. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you very much astewart, and if the Imac really pisses you off you deffintley have some underlying problem. Obviously i know its iMac iPod etc did you ever consider the fact people make typo's and not all of us are so critical to the spelling of the product?

Sorry to be the rude but that is just a little bit disrespectful seeing as this is only my 6 or 7th time on the board i totally appolgoze for all the run on sentences but not Imac.

20. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

I think the point was that he didn't read your post which contained the correct "iMac"; he only saw the original "Imac".

21. chipchen macrumors 6502

To be fair, when I use MS Word, and I type "iMac" it usually changes it to "Imac." Then again, that's MS Word.

You know what gets me? When people say "Mac Store" or "iPod Store" in references to Apple Store.

22. MAC1988 thread starter macrumors member

I call it the Apple store, is that incorrect?

23. astewart macrumors member

I was just answering his above inquiry, thats all.

24. driver.joe macrumors newbie

You said it!!!

I have also been waiting since Vista came out. You would think that as bad as vista is apple would have jumped at the market. No all I've heard is iphone this and appleTv that crap. I'm with you no new iMac by the end of June I'll be out before ever getting in.

25. bfresh macrumors newbie

If you didn't understood what he meant by Imac then I could see your problem with it, but being annoyed just because he doesn't write it the correct way - please, get a life. :rolleyes: