I want to ask out a girl...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Aug 22, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Ok... so...

I want to ask out a girl.

This isn't any girl though, she is extremely pretty and super nice. Last year she would help me study for chemistry tests even if she knew it perfectly. One time at about 10 at night I called her and asked for help and she helped me. I can't say that for many girls. I haven't been very lucky with girls, it's not because my looks or personality, just the fact that I've always gotten friendzoned for waiting too long.

She is used to being victimized though. Not in a totally bad way, because everyone at school likes her, she is probably the most popular girl at our school, because we go to a small school. Guys will always tease her to the point where she gets frustrated with herself. She is a vegetarian, and she is allergic to a lot of basic stuff like wheat and milk, so she doesn't have a wide diet, so she gets a lot of **** from people about that. I never have given her **** and one time I talked to her and she mentioned that I might tease her if she told me something and I asked her how many times I have teased her and she realized I have never and she really respects me for that. Shes told me I'm the most gentleman at our school and I know how to treat girls. I've even heard her little sister tell her good things about me. The worst thing that I think I might come across is her friends aren't very fond of me. They don't necessarily hate me, they think I'm nice, but they think I'm weird. And I might be friendzoned with her, I'm not sure, but I don't care.

Anyways, we have been close friends for about 2 years. She recently was dating her neighbor for about 6 months until this summer and I'm not sure if they are anymore.

In the event that they aren't, we are meeting up this week and she is going to pick me up from my house, and we are going to hang out at her house and she is going to give me a haircut and style my hair, mostly because I have never gotten a haircut I truly liked and she is good with hair. I am going to be very respectful to her parents and sister, and when she drops me off I was thinking of telling her thank you very much, and saying that I think we should go out and give her a kiss.

Does this sound like a good plan? Be honest, and help out with suggestions.

2. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Not sure about the kiss yet, but I think you should ask her out yeah, and good luck! :)

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would ask her on a date first, and then kiss her after the date. Sounds more romantic then after a haircut. You could take her to a nice dinner. :)

4. MegaMillions macrumors regular

Sounds good. It sounds like you really know what you're doing and are needlessly doubting yourself. :) It's always good to get more input though.

I recently met a girl who pretty much matches the same description of the girl you're going after. Extremely pretty, extremely sweet, etc. We hung out two or three times, and it was obvious we both liked each other so I asked her out. Pretty simple!

I think this girl likes you, from what you've said. So i'd go ahead with your plan, but while you guys are hanging out and while she's doing your hair, stay tuned for anything that might mean she doesn't like you, but don't become too obsessive about it. If she calls you a "good friend" she could just be afraid to say anything else because she has no idea you want to date her.

Anyways, good luck! Let me know what happens. :)

edit: Yeah, I actually agree with the above posters about the kissing. I didn't kiss my girlfriend immediately upon asking her out. I kissed her the next time we hung out. The more you build up the tension, the more amazing the kiss is. I swear i've never had a kiss as good as the one I recently had with my new girlfriend, and it's because I didn't rush into it.

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

So ask her. :)

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

What if she says no though? Like, will we still be friends and will she still help me with school? I would have probably not passed if it wasnt for her.

7. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Since you're such good friends then yes probably.

8. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

9. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Don't over analyse the situation. Just do it. Good luck. :)

10. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

girls like confident guys, who believe in themselves, and are successful. Treat her nice, listen to her, ask her how she is feeling, take interest, it will draw her closer to you, then flirt with her, in a romantic way ( I would dance with them, if the music and mood was right), take her for a nice meal, nothing grand, but small and personal, then go for a walk, hold her hand, and if thing are meant to be then it will naturally lead to a kiss. If you respect her, listen to her, she will fall for you). woo her

for a guy, looks are really not that important, had a friend in the Army, was very small (5ft 5, skinny and ugly), he always had very pretty girls, and some time 2 or 3 at a time, people would say WTF. He success was all though is confidence and charisma.

take things slow and calm, don't boost, don't act like a prick, listen, take interest, don't have to many opinions. Also don't be weak, or over protective, but reserved.

Good luck, it so cool to be young and single.

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Completely agree.

She could say no and just want to remain friends.

That's cool too because friends can become the best lovers in the future.

And if she is really not interested in you that way, she may introduce you to some of her friends who might be interested in you. So you never know. :)

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ask!

If she says no, then tell her, 'I think you owe me for what you just did to my hair.' :p

13. bookmarkmaster macrumors newbie

I want to ask out a girl...

Asking a girl out is no easy feat, especially when you're a little shy, and you don't want to ruin your chances with what feels like the girl of your dreams, but don't worry about that because most girls will give you a chance for just trying. But there comes a time when you have to step up and be bold, or forever wonder what if. Read these guidelines, draw some courage, and ask her out! And remember, all you have to do is be yourself!
    [​IMG]

14. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I agree with others, just ask her out. Believe, I was in your same situation in High School, I had tons of friends that were girls, most probably never would have dated me if I had asked them; however, I regret not trying a couple of times when the chemistry was there. At the very least I missed out on the chance to have a few good times. Don't make the same mistake, and if she does reject her, remain friends with her and don't be afriad to ask someone else out.

15. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

+1 for the nice dinner idea, it could be a way to pay her back for the haircut.

16. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Hank Williams Sr. Song... Please learn from the lyrics...

KAWLIGA WAS A WOODEN INDIAN STANDING BY THE DOOR
    HE FELL IN LOVE WITH AN INDIAN MAIDEN OVER IN THE ANTIQUE STORE
    KAW - LI - GA

JUST STOOD THERE AND NEVER LET IT SHOW
    SO SHE COULD NEVER ANSWER YES OR NO

HE ALWAYS WORE HIS SUNDAY FEATHERS AND HELD A TOMAHAWK
    THE MAIDEN WORE HER BEADS AND BRAIDS AND HOPED SOME DAY HE'D TALK
    KAW - LI - GA
    TOO STUBBORN TO EVER SHOW A SIGN
    BECAUSE HIS HEART WAS MADE OF KNOTTY PINE

POOR OL' KAW - LI - GA, HE NEVER GOT A KISS
    POOR OL' KAW - LI - GA, HE DON'T KNOW WHAT HE MISSED
    IS IT ANY WONDER THAT HIS FACE IS RED
    KAW - LI - GA, THAT POOR OL' WOODEN HEAD

KAWLIGA WAS A WOODEN INDIAN, NEVER WENT NOWHERE
    HIS HEART WAS SET ON THE INDIAN MAIDEN WITH THE COAL BLACK HAIR
    KAW - LI - GA
    JUST STOOD THERE AND NEVER LET IT SHOW
    SO SHE COULD NEVER ANSWER YES OR NO
    AND THEN ONE DAY A WEALTHY CUSTOMER BOUGHT THE INDIAN MAID
    AND TOOK HER OH SO FAR AWAY BUT OL KAW - LI - GA STAYED
    KAW - LI - GA

JUST STANDS THERE AS LONELY AS CAN BE
    AND WISHES HE WAS STILL AN OLD PINE TREE

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You are already friendzoned if she is giving you a haircut. All you are going to do is create an awkward situation.

18. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I like this advice. Though what happened OP?

Totally agree here. Friends make the best future lovers.

19. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Ask
    The worst thing she can say is NO.

Just because its no, it not the end of the world.

I asked a girl out some 20 years ago and she said NO. I asked over and over again and the answer was still NO.

We are still friends, which drives our spouses nuts.

20. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

ask. just dont be cheesy. worst thing she can say is no. personally, i would go and ask her face to face if she would want to go out for dinner or go o the movies, etc, rather than asking after she cuts your hair... make it romantic, and make it mean something to her. She already thinks good about you, so dont break that.

21. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Refrain from the kiss for now. Also when you ask her out make it clear its a date and not a 'hang out'

22. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

ask her to sit on your lap while she cuts your hair.

if she smiles, you're good to go

if she looks horrified, tell her that it's ok, you're gay.

23. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

any update?

And as far as the kiss thing goes, a good way to do it is, after dinner say, "hey I had a great time. I know that we're friends and all, but I just have to see something."

Go in for the kiss, not overly aggressively, but not passively either. Go in with the thought, 'she's lucky to be going out with such a great guy, and it's about time we find out if there's chemistry between us'.

24. Maccin475 macrumors member

Pre-planned kiss?..

That always works out, doesn't it?

25. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Especially when your the only one who's preplanned it. You know what I'm talking about, the kind that ends up landing on her nose. :D

For fit-flops and TSE, play it cool and play it low key. I wouldn't start with something "romantic", a kiss, or asking her out. I would rely on your friendship and good communication as a starting place to talk about the possibility and see what she thinks. Throw it out like, "you know we are such good friends I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we were to take things to the next level. But, then I know lots of times when people do that it messes up their friendship. Have you ever thought about that with us?" If she is interested she'll let you know she has considered it. If she's not interested she will give you the typical, "I just don't think of you in that way, your like my best friend and that's it..." This is a relatively low impact way to test the waters and see where her interest level is. If she's not interested then you can move on with the friendship. If she is interested then you can plan the knock her socks off romantic first date.