I was just offered $1500 for my 9/19 delivery 6 Plus 128GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkflounder, Sep 12, 2014.

  1. darkflounder macrumors regular

    darkflounder

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, California
    #1
    Talking about the pre-order clusterf**k with co-workers. I mention I got my pre-order in, showed the confirmation email to prove it. Manager from another department overhears me, walks over, asks to see the confirmation email.

    Upon seeing it, he says "I'll give you $1500 for that phone, right now."

    Told him I'd think about it, but the answer will probably be no.
     
  2. TahoeDust macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2010
    #2
    Sell it. It is just a phone.
     
  3. Demonface macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2012
    Location:
    Jersey/Miami
    #3
    thats when you say 3500 or no deal.
     
  4. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2013
    #4
    thats when I'd say 1500 or no job
     
  5. 3squirrels macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2014
    #5
    Considering you won't have it for another week, there is no "right now" option.
     
  6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

    Shockwave78

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2010
    #6
    For $1500 i would be iffy, but if i had the phone in hand and i saw the cash i would probably take it. That would almost pay for a another 128gb 6plus and another 16gb 4.7" which i was going to get for the kid anyway.

    *Edit*

    Tell him $1750 and he has a deal, he obviously wants it real bad
     
  7. bueller1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2012
    #7
    I would. A new phone would be almost entirely paid for.
     
  8. ZBoater macrumors G3

    ZBoater

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Location:
    Sunny Florida
    #8
    If you are so rich that earning $500 matters less to you than having the iPhone a couple of months earlier, then tell him to take a hike. It's only money and you seem to value having an iPhone more.
     
  9. dcorban macrumors 6502a

    dcorban

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    #9
    A lot of people still have hope of getting one launch day. Wait until that afternoon when people realize that, no, they aren't actually getting one for a few weeks. I bet these phones will be selling for double the price.
     
  10. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2012
    #10
    Is this seriously a question on a forum?

    I'd take that money so fast. Its a damn phone. Fools.
     
  11. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #11
    OMG.. that is unheard of. i wonder if i can tout my phone like that too.

    well here's the deal. if you sell it, you will have to make up 528.94 for your initial payment. so unless you have another upgrade to use to buy the phone with then its not a good deal.

    1500 (offer)- 528.94 (purchase price of the subsidy) = 971.06.

    you've already used your upgrade, so unless you have another way of purchasing the phone with subsidy 528.94, IF NO, then you're screwed and you'll have to pay full amount of $1005.94. Mind you, 971.06 will not cover that. IF YES, then you just made yourself 442.12 pocket money :)
     
  12. cornerexit macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2014
  13. af21187 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2012
    #13
    Instead of counter-offering, I would respectfully decline and see if he ups his price. If he doesn't, I would still jump all over $1500 for a $1000 phone. It's just a phone. I am as excited as the next person about getting mine on launch day, but I would gladly wait out for some extra cash.
     
  14. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #14
    OP how bad do you want the phone? this is the same reason why people do these things so they can turn around and sell the phone.

    if you want the phone, you gotta look at it financially and practicality.. we're also looking at November delivery dates now for the 6+.
     
  15. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2012
    #15
    Unless he has an upgrade and just didn't get his order in. $1750 and you get to use his upgrade would be pretty sweet...
     
  16. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2011
    #16
    Yeah. If someone offered me over MSRP I'd take it. This cycle doesn't seem to be selling on eBay like last year.

    I sold a gold 5S 16GB for $1100, used the cash to buy a used 5 32GB, still had $700 left. No complaints.
     
  17. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #17
    if he waits it out... he's already used upgrade, how is he gonna pay out of pocket 1005.94???
     
  18. LostMyiPhone macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2012
    #18
    If you don't take the money right now, I vote you have to paypal everyone in this thread $50 each cause obviously you're made of it.

    GO!
     
  19. sviato macrumors 68020

    sviato

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2010
    Location:
    HR 9038 A
  20. darkflounder thread starter macrumors regular

    darkflounder

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, California
    #20
    Deal. Your $50 Zimbabwean Dollars ($0.14 USD) is on the way.
     
  21. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #21
    read my posts..
     
  22. darkflounder thread starter macrumors regular

    darkflounder

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2008
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, California
    #22
    OK, unless he raises his offer to $2500 cash, I'm keeping the phone.

    First, for the first time in my life, I don't need the money that badly.
    Second, my birthday is next week, and this is my bday gift
    Third, I never get to get the cool stuff on launch day. I want that "I got the shiny thing you want" feeling at least once.
     
  23. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #23
    you're missing the fact that he has to have another subsidized plan to use to come out on green on this deal. if not, it's a bad deal... PLUS the 2 month wait (yes i heard as far as November delivery dates now)
     
  24. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2011
    #24
    I'll take that. ;)
     
  25. bueller1 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2012
    #25
    Yea then I wouldn't do it for $500 profit lol. Happy birthday.
     

Share This Page