I was once one of them

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Internal Fury, May 31, 2011.

1. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

So I am sitting at a friends house with my wife yesterday night around 830 pm or so, I whip my phone out and start using it since the food isnt ready. A girl across the table, maybe 6x 3 feet rectangular , was like "oh you use apple? I hate them they are so dumb." I, being like that 4 months ago, question her. "Can I ask why?" I said curious what her reasons were. "they are so cliche"

I ask again how. and add"here's why I am curious about 4 months ago i hated macs. I used the iphone because my wife bought it for me but I blindly hated macs, now after using them I like them way more then PCs." After a few minutes of discussion and explaining what i like about my mac, like the track pad functions( and what they were) she responds of i wouldnt remember any of that its useless all I do is check email etc."

then she changed it to how the iphone sucks and droid is better. I bring up faulty roms etc and how most cant send vids. then she just shut up. Kinda interesting to be on the other side of the fence. Im not a blind apple follower or a pc hater now I use both daily but when i bought a new computer I made it a Mac.
    [​IMG]

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Getting into arguments over which technology is better is stupid in my opinion. Use whatever fits your needs and let others do the same. Choice is a wonderful thing.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

--------

4. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasnt arguing I wasn't even talking to that girl at all I was talking with my wife then she said it to me. I was curious what she didn't like.I said in my post I use both daily through work.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I think you're missing the gist of the responses that your little bravado defense of Apple is meaningless at best.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Faulty ROMs? That's a risk you take when rooting and installing custom ROMs. That's not a fault of Android, that's the fault of the ROM developers. But I have played with custom ROMs on my Android phone and have yet to find a faulty one.

Source? Being able to send pics and video is built into the Android OS. From my phone, I can send videos via email, MMS, or upload them to a number of places such as YouTube, Facebook and Flickr. I'd love to know where you got that completely bogus statement from.

7. blueroom, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011

blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Three years ago I wouldn't touch an Apple product, now I love their stuff. I just like stuff that works.

PS Finder sucks

8. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

my buddy is a major droid lover and has told me certain roms that allow him to do completely what he likes for customization costs him usually vids. I think he uses chinese roms

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I dunno, those sound like flak arguments to me.

3 years ago I was an Apple lover and wouldn't have touched anything else. Now, I can't wait to get my Dell in the mail.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Well the ROMs he's using suck. That's not a fault of the Android platform. I have a custom ROM and can record and share vids.

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I have installed apps or tweaks from cydia that forced a restore. Can we count that as a faulty rom / app?

Can't send videos, my former iPhone friends now using the Streak don't seem to have any issues with sending or uploading videos.

12. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

like ive stated i use both pc/apple just i pefer apple

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Regarding the OP, you'll find people on both sides of the fence who are ill informed regarding Apple vs Android vs PC. People love Apple products for a reason but in some cases (not saying yours) it's just the aura of the product and Apple has max aura. :)

I've used both MacOS and Windows 05,08,XP,Vista, and now 7. MacOS is always my preference. I just listened over lunch while a friend told me of 4 different programs she uses to keep her PC clean and the 3 hours she spent straightening out her PC. I told her, not a Mac issue and she got very animated trying to convince me it was a Mac issue. Lol. This just does not happen on Macs. At least I've never seen it. Regarding phones, I admit being attracted to the Droid X, but my concern is unvetted android apps. Right now I'm leaning towards iPhone.

14. Internal Fury thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah I get theres people on both sides who hug either apples or windows nuts. more people around me are pc fanboys. Theres things I don't like about mac but it makes me the most happy. She just didn't get that and TRIED her best to change my mind then i found out she's a novice pc user to top it all of. Not a power user but someone who would be happy on either without even noticing since she checks her facebook on it thats it.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The problem with coolness is once the masses embrace a cool product its no longer cool.

Apple has had a very good run at being a cool company making cool products. At some point folks will tire of this and move on to something else.

16. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

And then we stone them, like some religious freaks?? :confused:

[​IMG]

17. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

18. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

see that's what I said :p