I was WRONG about the 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ihatephish, Sep 21, 2014.

1. ihatephish macrumors regular

I have always laughed at android users with those "monstrosities". Thus, I preordered an iPhone 6. But, upon pickup, I was able to grab the same phone as the plus (64 gb silver). Figured what the hell, if it's too big (as I expected), I'll exchange it for a more readily available 6 instead of getting the 6 and wanting/waiting for the plus.

The screen is amazing. The size is amazing. And to be honest, I rarely talk on my iPhone in public. I guess one concern I have is taking this big thing out of my pocket for Apple pay when it's available.

Is it big? YES.

Is it great? YES!

I have zero plans on exchanging this thing.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Glad to hear it works for you. I know it doesn't for everyone but that's why there are two flagship models to choose from. I hope you continue to like the size and don't get tired of it down the road.

3. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I had the opposite approach. Figured if I had 6+ envy I'd just wait 12 months (I get a new one each year).

I've yet to see a 6+ in the wild. Some of my buddies ordered them but they won't get them until Oct. can't wait to see/hold it.

I'm just now getting used to the 6. I was really shocked at how big it seemed out of the box. But as with all things it's starting to feel more normal.

4. ihatephish thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Can totally see how it's too big for many people. My wife would never be able to use it adequately.

5. docprego macrumors 65816

It's 2014, people are VERY used to seeing large devices. I don't think anyone will give you even a second glance over taking a 6+ out of your pocket to use for any reason.

Now the guy I saw with an iPad Mini up to his ear in the AT&T store, that was another story. To make matters worse I'm not even sure why he was doing it, there's no ear speaker, the speakers are on the bottom. LOL.

6. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I have the Note 3. Yes, it's big but I love the screen size! I know that I will love the 6 plus! :D Enjoy it!

7. meagain macrumors 68030

how does it work in pockets when driving in the car, sitting, etc. etc. specifically back pocket

8. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like he was making fun of the size of the bigger iPhones and joking his iPad Mini was a 6+ :p

9. docprego macrumors 65816

He was actively walking around the store clearly engaged in a conversation. It was quite a confusing moment.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

11. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

i wanted to get the 6+ but when i tried it out in the store it was just way to big for me to use one handed. I couldn't even reach the other side (left to right) of the screen with my thumb, which was a deal breaker for me. Its too bad, i really like the landscape mode and all that fun stuff.

maybe ill get the 6S+ lol

12. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

Lololol I can totally picture this!

[​IMG]

13. docprego macrumors 65816

Yes! Just like this but with a Mini. What's the point? Maybe they are keeping the iPad close to their head for convenience to support it while they talk near the microphone (top) and listen to the speaker (bottom).

14. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

No, I think they really don't know that there are no speakers and wonder why the sound quality isn't as good.

15. TheDaliMan macrumors newbie

I never realized how much I used the phone one handed until I picked up my 6+ on release day. I used it for a day and it was just too big and uncomfortable. Exchanged it for a 6. If I didn't own an iPad i might have kept the +

16. NeilSpoon macrumors member

It will probably bend....

17. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

That's just stupid and not sure why someone would want to talk on iPad like that and not use the earplugs+mic?

18. techiebug macrumors 6502a

ifan before Apple release big phone: "look at that clown! Wth is he holding to his face ??? Ahhahaha"

ifan after Apple release big phone:
    "the screen is amazing! The size is amazing! What an innovation!"

You sound exactly like a typical ifan. No offense

19. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Just wait until developers take advantage of the screen of the 6+. The "it's too big" gang will be singing a different tune then wishing they had just kept the +

20. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

Can you please point me to a comment saying what an innovation, referring to the screen size? I am genuinely interested.

Screen is beautiful but not because of it's size! The quality of display which in my opinion is better then most phones I have seen.

21. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I've had quite a few people stop and ask me "Is that the new iPhone?" over the last two days. People are definitely noticing that these aren't Android devices, even if the screen is turned off.

22. TheDaliMan macrumors newbie

Unless they somehow developed a bigger hand for me I'll stick with the 4.7. Lol

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

24. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I'm glad you're enjoying your 6 Plus, OP.

I got mine delivered on Friday morning and then went to the Apple Store with my brother to pick up his regular 6. As I'd only played with my Plus for half an hour I got the regular 6 in my hand and started to worry that I'd made the wrong decision. Now, a few days later, here's my summary: I don't like pulling the Plus out of my pocket and making a call with it (held up to my face). This will probably change though as it's likely a matter of it just being different to what I'm used to. The other side of it is that once I have the Plus in my hand there's no going back; the screen is incredible, the camera seems great, and I love the extra space. To note, I was never someone who was interested in a bigger iPhone but I figured I'd roll the dice this year and give it a go. Now, I'm pretty sure I'm keeping the Plus and selling my iPad mini. It's my little experiment for the next year. :)

25. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Lol. That's what I did. I'm loving my 6 plus and I have listed my mini retina for sale as the 6 plus does the job of reading watching very nicely. Don't real see a need for the mini.