I will buy the IPhone IF.........

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djfrugal, Jun 26, 2007.

1. djfrugal macrumors newbie

1. They integrate IChat
    2. They add Microsoft Exchange compatibility that auto updates calendar, email, etc. I don't want to have to sync it, if i forget to sync it and I add a calendar date on my computer it doesn't go on my Iphone....BULLSH*T
    3. If the test dummies that buy it right away determine the keyboard is workable. I am killer at the double thumb typing method and rely on fast emailing and messaging for my business.
    4. They included unlimited SMS. I think it is BULLSH*T they act like the SMS feature is so amazing and give you 200.

I am a huge Apple fan but maybe me and all of my apple fanatic friends are way off base from the general population?? Everyone I know is waiting a while to buy it to see if they get their sh*t together.

2. retnuh730 macrumors regular

Good, it'll be easier for me to buy one now.

3. Spritey macrumors regular

Spritey

Uhm... ask any European or Asian kid about the wonderfulness of SMS. I never use my phone to call, I sms people, and MMS. Could use e-mail, but a lot of people don't use that feature due to the amount of spam that you receive. I've had my same number for over 10 years, and I've never gotten a spam sms message...

4. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

They have mobile service in Mississippi?

Yes please do buy it so you can work out all the bugs on your own dime and when they release the new version in 3 to 6 months that is cheaper and works better I will get that, again, if they get their sh*t together. I rather not drop $600 + bucks to have an inadequate phone. It is amazing if it had basic features of other cheaper phones. Either way yours will probably be in for recalls most of that time.

DJ mother f'n FRUGAL

5. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

Spritey loves the asian kids!

Hey Spritey, I hear you on the SMS, but I can tell you ask any sidekick user in the US, (which are a lot of asian kids) and they will tell you that instand IM works sooo much better than an antiquated technology like SMS. SMS is like a pager with make up on. 143 143

Also for people that actually write more than LOL and ROFL, emailing is very important. I do about 100 business emails a day or more off my handheld. If you like SMS so much just keep a regular cheap phone. Why spend $600 for a fancy pager?

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You do realize that unlimited SMS are possible now, by paying AT&T money, right?
    I fail to see how this is Apple's fault.

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

He's saying he likes SMS so much that he wants more than 200...you can pay more for unlimited!

8. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

9. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

Pager With Make Up

Yes, but SMS is so weak, they should give you unlimited to begin with. Why F*CK around with this and that. T Mobile sidekick give unlimited everything right off the bat. Keep it simple, and people buy.

I thiink IPHone could be the most amazing thing, and could steal every market out there if they just get with the program.

10. retnuh730 macrumors regular

Aparently, why else whould i be getting it lol... way to be ignorant, by the way.

11. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I think this thread should be renamed to .... "10+ reasons it will be easier for /dev/toaster to get an iPhone on Friday" :D

12. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

If only monkeys could double thumb type so well.

13. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

Do people in Mississippi have a funny bone?

No REALLY? MISSISSIPPI HAS SERVICE???? WOW REALLY?. Of course there is service there. It is a joke, your ignorance shines through though. Congrats!

I am from Cali, so lets see if you can make fun of me now and not be a baby, k? I promise I won't cry or think you are ignorant.

Go buy your $600 two way pager. congrats.

DJ MODED F'N FACIAL SCRUB FRUGAL

14. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

This isn't your personal blog...

15. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

Dev Toaster is my slave

Dev Toaster: I am glad you are buying one so you can be the test dummy and find all the problems before I buy mine in 3 to 6 months when they actually get this thing working properly. Being a Cingular customer and now ATT, I am a little nervous about them as well. They could barely handle the load after their big advertising campaign of no dropped calls. All the calls started dropping after that.

love you,

DJ FFFFFRUGAL, the boss of Dev Toaster

16. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

MB Hockey - this isn't your place to tell me its not my personal blog

MB HOCKEY - Please be my slave and buy the Iphone to test all the glitches before i get it. OK? I will get it a couple hudnred dollars cheaper and it will be working properly.

17. bkvideography macrumors member

then use a sidekick and enjoy its "real internet"

edit: .....and its iPod....and its iPhoto synchronization.....and its phone app......

quit bitchin d00d.

- oh ya, and the i in iPhone and iChat isn't capitalized. I see you attempted.....but failed.

18. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

djfrugal, guess what?

This is still not your personal blog. :D

Wasteland this garbage, mods...

19. artalliance macrumors 6502

Someone forgot to take his politeness pill this morning ;-)

20. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

I like MB HOCKEY

One person that isnt angry. Its not my personal blog, but maybe I should make one? Don't get me wrong, I want desperately to get an IPHONE but it has to have some standard features.

But please still be my slave and test it for $600+ k? I am encouraging the sales so mine will be better. (and so my stock keeps going up)

21. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

no english

ummm.... you have to go to the level of capitalization now? what a LOOOOOSERRRRR You dont have any complete sentences and dOOd is spelled: Dude

I love the IPhone, I just think it could be better. I want my stock to go up and I am freakin! wooo tang

22. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

Artalliance - I like you

I did forget to take my happy pills. Lets be happy in this one. I am very excited about IPhone. I want the company to be successfull so I am pushing them to have an even better product so we all benefit from it. Including my stock price.

Thank you for the advice.

DJ Frugal

23. bkvideography macrumors member

ok you win DJ motha f'n lovin teachin yellin sacrificin majellin dwellin fruGAL.

24. djfrugal thread starter macrumors newbie

BK: I am warming up to you now

I think I am really warming up to this crowd in here. I am turning a new leaf. GOOOO IPHONE! (with IChat, Exchange, hope the keyboard works good, unlimited SMS included, and ATT doesnt mess up)

25. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

F**K that .... give me an iPhone without that B*T*H arse Cingular expensive plan. Give me Sprint!

I will take it with all of its very limiting flaws and lack of flash support and limited storage.... well you can fix those too... give me an iPhone with 16GB of memory and everything the Treo has but better and portable iLife and iWork that costs $400 for the 16GB version on the Sprint network and I will buy one.