I WILL have a "new" iPhone by Friday (Not 3G) !!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by That70sGAdawg, Jul 7, 2008.

1. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    There are many threads on the positives and negatives of "upgrading" to the latest iPhone on Friday, but I just wanted to remind every existing owner that we WILL have a "New" iPhone by Friday.
    90% of the "great new features" that numerous threads talk about are software 2.0 features. The Mobile Me and Exchange push mail, the searchable contacts and ... Yes THE GREAT APPS and Games! They will all be available for us perhaps before Friday!
    It will be like having a "New" iPhone, and we'll be paying LESS (service rate) for it than the upgraders! Enjoy!:cool:

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

3. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Enjoy your superfast internet when you're outside of hotspots.

Oh, wait...

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Cool, you will be paying less. You also GET less than us upgraders. :rolleyes:

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

unless you live in a big city the only new feature to the iPhone 3G is the GPS.

I live just outside of Portland, OR and I don't even have 3G coverage here.

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I WILL have a new iPhone by Friday (3G) !!

And the whole of Boston/ Greater Boston is drenched in 3G, love it!

7. thevol macrumors member

you will have new firmware/software that can't take advantage of 3g or gps. that is all.

8. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

That's because you live in Oregon.

9. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I'll be enjoying an iPhone 3G for the SAME monthly service as all the 2Gers!!!

70 * .85 = 60

Math + OP = PWNT

Math = FTW

10. That70sGAdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

This threads not meant to "inspire" you, check the other hundreds of threads mistaking new "software" features with (barely) new hardware for your pleasure.

I can see where this Flame war is going, but intent is STILL for existing owners to see through the 3G "Fog", and be just as excited- without having to stand in line. My money this week will go toward new APPS and GAMES, GAMES, GAMES!

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I can't wait to see the games that come out. I really do hope that devs take advantage of this medium for gaming. The only problem I see is the lack of physical buttons. I'm sure an adaptor can be made, but still.

Yea, yea... Touch screen and motion are built in. With no way of feeling your finger on a button, have fun trying to watch your screen when you're moving the phone and trying to make sure you're finger is on the "button." So either Devs do something very creative with controlls or make an accessory.

12. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Barely new features?

I'm sorry, but have you ever even used a 3G phone? It's ENTIRELY different than a phone using EDGE for wireless data. Have fun trying to bring up a wikipedia page or any other website on EDGE while I'm using superfast 3G (which I had on my previous phone before the iPhone).

13. mark34 macrumors 6502a

It really is cool when equipment upgraders and people with previous versions can all get excited about a new set of releases. I don't understand the defensiveness of many parties in this area. Upgraders pay more but get more. Existing iPhone people, however, also get to revel in 2.0 and mobile me. Excellent, everybody wins

Personally, I did not buy version 1 and I cannot wait to give my iPod Touch to my wife and ditch the Blackjack and sport my new iPhone (black or white? still don't know.. game time decision).

14. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

15. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

16. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I think people want the phone for free and the service for free...or they expect to be paid to use the service.

17. DreamPod macrumors 65816

You don't have to live in a big city for 3G - it may not be everywhere, but it's in WAY more than just big cities. In fact, you must be really unlucky to not get it where you are, it covers the entire Portland-Vancouver-Salem area including all the little towns around there.

And the only new feature besides 3G being GPS? What about the greatly improved battery life (which if you can't get the 3G, you can take full advantage of)? Improved sound quality? Better microphone and speaker? Improved reception? Headphone jack that isn't recessed? Sure, 3G is an awesome feature, because EDGE is just so crappy, but even without it the iPhone 3G is a great phone and value.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I think that it's moreso people attempting to either justify their purchase or justify why they're not purchasing an item :rolleyes:

19. mark34 macrumors 6502a

I think you are exactly right, but yeesh, life's too short. This is an iPhone community, n'est pas.

20. That70sGAdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

That70sGAdawg

AND... to remind current loyal iPhone users that they too have lots to get excited about during the unbelievable load of Apple PR being unloaded this week!

21. dangoland macrumors member

Good for you buddy :D, as long as it makes you feel good that you wont get a 3G and satisfies the need to convince yourself publicly that you don't need one either all is well.

:: flies away to the next pointless thread ::

22. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

And what's wrong with Oregon? :eek:

Actually I seem to find more wi-fi hot spots than non hot-spots around Portland and the burpbs. I will be happy come friday also to load my 2.0 software on my metal backed beauty!

23. aethelbert macrumors 601

Same to everyone buying the 3G phone; everything in there was available last year as well.

24. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

But it did. It made me feel all ... yummy ... inside.

25. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

Agreed!