I wish Apple would replace the physical Home button...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kal-037, Apr 14, 2016.

1. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

I would rather they get rid of the volume rockers and silent switch on the side. Those are so annoying when you accidentally hit them and the UI takes over, and they feel uncomfortable when holding the iPhone both in portrait and landscape. Ever since they switched from the square design iPhone and made them bigger, I've noticed this happens 2x more. All those features are easily accessible with Control Center anyways.

2. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I just hope whatever Apple does is done thoughtfully and is not just some band-aid solution like what Apple did for when you're in one app and click on something that takes you to another. Getting this absolutely right is more important than pleasing the few techies bored with the current iPhone design and obsessed with the top and bottom bezels.

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

It obviously is, because no one has done it yet.

Also, if the screen would flip in any direction, it wouldn't matter what orientation your iPhone was in. That would benefit people who want their headphone jack on the top as well.

4. 617aircav Suspended

Home button is here to stay. I don't see any benefit of removing it. None.

5. Qbnkelt, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Don't be obtuse.

I object to the last line of the post. The remaining opinion is just that. An opinion.

Keep your Nexus. And have good joy of it. Keep Android.

I prefer iOS.