iBackup Viewer - a free iPhone backup extractor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ShannonIMT, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ShannonIMT macrumors newbie

iBackup Viewer manages to extract information from iPhone / iPad backups, including contacts, call history, SMS messages, Web visits, website bookmarks, photos, and iPhone Apps.

What can iBackup Viewer do?
    With iBackup Viewer, you can get most of the important and useful data from iOS backups, including:
    • Add contact people and groups to Apple Address Book.
    • Show call history and save to a well formatted text file.
    • Show SMS messages conversation, and save to text file.
    • Convert SMS messages to a PDF file with the form of the conversation.
    • Manage voice memos / recordings.
    • Manage notes.
    • Manage Web history and URL bookmarks, sync bookmarks to Desktop and Safari.
    • Browse photos in thumbnails, export photos to chosen location.
    • List iPhone / iPad apps and data.
    • Preview apps' data, and export to specified file.

Attached Files:

2. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

With respect, what features does this provide that iExplorer and Phoneview don't?

3. ShannonIMT thread starter macrumors newbie

It's obvious,
    1. you can do what those two do without paying any money (free version).
    2. iBackup Viewer Pro version supports encrypted backups which iExplorer doesn't
    3. many more differences.

4. gpeden macrumors regular

5. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Nice, at least in the free version.

And this is a BACKUP viewer. Phoneview allows you to access the iOS device itself in realtime, very different from this application which is accessing a set of files on your computer (and I suppose iCloud, if you use that).

But Phoneview does more. It shows the folder structure in apps, has several backup options, allows you to copy TO your iPhone or iPad, allows access to ringtones and music (iBackup doesn't), etc etc.

I didn't really see anything iBackup did that Phoneview didn't, except for the fact that it was not viewing your phone (or iPad), it was viewing the backup of your phone.

6. SheryPur macrumors newbie

Recently lost all my pics/vids while trying to jailbreak via absinthe. Like a jack *##, I didn't bother backing up my iPhone before trying to jailbreak. Tried to restore a previous backup, but I keep getting the "backup is corrupt or a different version" message.

Found the program in the title and the trial version makes it seem promising, but I want some feedback before I drop $25 on it. And also, has anyone been successful with any other programs? There's close to 2,000 pics/vids on the backup and one of them happens to be my nephews first steps so any and all help is appreciated!

7. kebolin macrumors newbie

If you back up to iTunes you can restore from iTunes. And if you have archived backups in Preferences you can restore any of the backups, current or archived.
    I just did this yesterday. I got a warranty replacement phone, connected it to iTunes and activated it. iTunes recognized it was a new phone, and gave me the option to restore my backup. This took less than 5 minutes. It then synced my music and apps. When everything finished my new phone was identical to my old phone.
    You should also save your Camera Roll photos to your computer for extra security. If you connect the phone to your computer the Camera Roll will appear as a digital camera, and you can copy the photos to your computer with any photo management app or just by dragging from Explorer in Windows or Finder on a Mac.

8. sgmorr macrumors member

iBackup Viewer Question

I installed this app on my Mac running Mavericks and when I opened it I was asked to give permission to access Contacts. I did not know why it was asking this so I said no. Now I cannot seem to load the Messages from my iPhone iTunes backup. I seem to be able to access everything but Messages. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but upon running it, I was not given the option to access Contacts. How do I get the app to show Messages from my backup?

Thanks.

9. ShannonIMT thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, the app asks for permission to access Contacts because it needs to access Contacts when you choose to sync contacts into mac address book. But we've decide to show this alert while trying to sync contacts in new version.

10. sgmorr macrumors member

I don't want to "synch". Just want to view Messages in my iTunes backup. How do I do this? Like I said, the program is not giving me this option.

11. ryantuck macrumors newbie

iBackup Viewer only allows you to view for free.

Does anyone know of software that allows you to extract files for free? This can't be so difficult.

12. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

So you're the author or you work for the company that created this app??

13. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

One - you shouldn't hijack another product's thread with your own commercial offering.

Two - $50 is pretty steep for what it does

14. ShannonIMT thread starter macrumors newbie

iBackup Viewer 3.50 supports WhatsApp messages now.

15. JediYoda, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015

JediYoda macrumors newbie

I don't think it is the best iPhone backup extractor software. I found many other kind of backup extractor software on google.

16. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

Why do you need an iTunes backup viewer? You can restore your iPhone with the backup file directly when you need. ITunes will list all your iPhone backup history. It works for me.

17. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

If someone wants to export text messages to store them on computer as PDF files, then "backup extractor" is needed.

In case of me, my backup data became corrupt (iTunes wouldn't restore from backup data after updating to 8.3). So apps like iBackup Viewer was very handy.

18. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

I know it's a data recovery software from its website. But I want to know whether it can recover any data from an iPhone without turn on this phone normally.

19. marticos macrumors newbie

marticos

It's great! Thank you very much.

20. djbuddha macrumors regular

Can this app backup Tunein audio recordings? It's an instant purchase for me If so.

21. StephCurry macrumors newbie

StephCurry