iBook G3's

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Originally posted by dukestreet

I'd agree with that. Not only would it not be guaranteed that the store employees could even describe what the difference is, imagine trying to order one online or out of a catalog. You'd cause more confusion and lose a sale. They'll have to keep the iBook slower than the TiPB for now.
You know. Hopefully, by the end of next year, they won't have a problem seperating the pro from the consumer lines. Hopefully the Pro's will be way out in front, and people will lust for the pros that cannot afford them.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
Originally posted by Backtothemac

You know. Hopefully, by the end of next year, they won't have a problem seperating the pro from the consumer lines. Hopefully the Pro's will be way out in front, and people will lust for the pros that cannot afford them.

I assume you're referring to the (hopeful) release of the G5.

If the G5 *were* to be released, you'd immediately have the distinction between pro and consumer models again. Having the G4 in consumer and pro computers cannot be good for apple.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Originally posted by britboy

I assume you're referring to the (hopeful) release of the G5.

If the G5 *were* to be released, you'd immediately have the distinction between pro and consumer models again. Having the G4 in consumer and pro computers cannot be good for apple.
Agreed. We will see a G5 next year, and it will again seperate the pro/consumer lines. I just hope it is 1st quarter 2003.