iCal date

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Hmm...seemed like I heard iCal was supposed to display the correct date in the dock now, however mine seems to be stuck on the 27th. Did I just get misinformation, or is something up with my iCal?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Hmm...seemed like I heard iCal was supposed to display the correct date in the dock now, however mine seems to be stuck on the 27th. Did I just get misinformation, or is something up with my iCal?
It only works on Leopard. Are you running Leopard?

Halsey12

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2006
Portland
Mine is stuck on the 27th too. If I open iCal, it switches to the 28th in the dock, but when I quit iCal, it goes right back to the 27th. And yes, of course we are running Leopard.

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Mine is stuck on the 27th too. If I open iCal, it switches to the 28th in the dock, but when I quit iCal, it goes right back to the 27th. And yes, of course we are running Leopard.
Same deal for mine. And yes, also running leopard (see sig)...I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem, I'm sure we can expect a few updates coming in the next couple of weeks from Apple.

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Sorry to double post, but just to clarify, I think the date is actually one day off. For some strange reason my computer knows it is the 29th (1:38 AM) and when I open iCal it knows that it is the 29th, but when it is not running, it says it is the 28th. And that is to say that 2 hours ago, it said the 27th. Interesting.

Cuckoo

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2003
The Netherlands - Utrecht
Sorry to double post, but just to clarify, I think the date is actually one day off. For some strange reason my computer knows it is the 29th (1:38 AM) and when I open iCal it knows that it is the 29th, but when it is not running, it says it is the 28th. And that is to say that 2 hours ago, it said the 27th. Interesting.
i have no mac handy, since im at work (PC's everywhere, JUCK) but have you checked your set timezone?

i know ical can take into account differences between system time and timezone the appointment was made... maybe it has something to do with that

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
i have no mac handy, since im at work (PC's everywhere, JUCK) but have you checked your set timezone?

i know ical can take into account differences between system time and timezone the appointment was made... maybe it has something to do with that
Well I didn't touch my timezone or anything, but mysteriously between about midnight last night and now (11:30ish AM) iCal has fixed itself. And I haven't done any updates or anything...but whatever, as long as it's fixed.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
Well I didn't touch my timezone or anything, but mysteriously between about midnight last night and now (11:30ish AM) iCal has fixed itself. And I haven't done any updates or anything...but whatever, as long as it's fixed.
The date changes over at the stroke of midnight provided you have set the date and time to be updated automatically in preferences.

GNice

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Any resoultion...just noticed my icon on the doc is displaying Nov. 8th, but my iMac and iCal both "recoginize" it's Nov. 9th. And I'm getting the same strange behavior in that when I start iCal the dock icon changes to the 9th, but when I close iCal it switches back to the 8th...

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
Any resoultion...just noticed my icon on the doc is displaying Nov. 8th, but my iMac and iCal both "recoginize" it's Nov. 9th. And I'm getting the same strange behavior in that when I start iCal the dock icon changes to the 9th, but when I close iCal it switches back to the 8th...
If you just installed Leopard, give it a day or two; it corrected itself. If you've been using it for a long time, then I have no idea what's wrong.

EngBrian

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Ontario, Canada
It is working on mine right out of the box. Seems like a funny bug. But as long as it isn't listing Jul 27th every day you must be running leopard...haha

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
It works most of the time. When it fails (gets stuck on previous day), it can be fixed by removing it from the Dock, then adding iCal back onto the Dock.

kajitox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 2, 2007
It works most of the time. When it fails (gets stuck on previous day), it can be fixed by removing it from the Dock, then adding iCal back onto the Dock.
Yeah, it has started to mess up again, it is stuck on the 13th.