iCal date

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kajitox, Oct 28, 2007.

1. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Hmm...seemed like I heard iCal was supposed to display the correct date in the dock now, however mine seems to be stuck on the 27th. Did I just get misinformation, or is something up with my iCal?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It only works on Leopard. Are you running Leopard?

3. Halsey12 macrumors regular

Mine is stuck on the 27th too. If I open iCal, it switches to the 28th in the dock, but when I quit iCal, it goes right back to the 27th. And yes, of course we are running Leopard.

4. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Same deal for mine. And yes, also running leopard (see sig)...I'm glad I'm not the only one having the problem, I'm sure we can expect a few updates coming in the next couple of weeks from Apple.

5. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Sorry to double post, but just to clarify, I think the date is actually one day off. For some strange reason my computer knows it is the 29th (1:38 AM) and when I open iCal it knows that it is the 29th, but when it is not running, it says it is the 28th. And that is to say that 2 hours ago, it said the 27th. Interesting.

6. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

i have no mac handy, since im at work (PC's everywhere, JUCK) but have you checked your set timezone?

i know ical can take into account differences between system time and timezone the appointment was made... maybe it has something to do with that

7. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Well I didn't touch my timezone or anything, but mysteriously between about midnight last night and now (11:30ish AM) iCal has fixed itself. And I haven't done any updates or anything...but whatever, as long as it's fixed.

8. DamoRed macrumors member

It works for me and I'm only running Tiger

Damo

9. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The date changes over at the stroke of midnight provided you have set the date and time to be updated automatically in preferences.

10. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Pardon?

11. GNice macrumors 6502

Any resoultion...just noticed my icon on the doc is displaying Nov. 8th, but my iMac and iCal both "recoginize" it's Nov. 9th. And I'm getting the same strange behavior in that when I start iCal the dock icon changes to the 9th, but when I close iCal it switches back to the 8th...

12. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

If you just installed Leopard, give it a day or two; it corrected itself. If you've been using it for a long time, then I have no idea what's wrong.

13. EngBrian macrumors regular

It is working on mine right out of the box. Seems like a funny bug. But as long as it isn't listing Jul 27th every day you must be running leopard...haha

14. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It works most of the time. When it fails (gets stuck on previous day), it can be fixed by removing it from the Dock, then adding iCal back onto the Dock.

15. kajitox thread starter macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Yeah, it has started to mess up again, it is stuck on the 13th.