Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lallenlowe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Hi this is lallenlowe, I have submitted a few great effects on the forum where "elbows" posted his original "hologram" effect. I think all the macrumors users would love it if there were an easy way to access all these effects, or at least to know about them. I have succesfully recreated a few of the original iChat effects that are missing, that everyone wants, and somehow they've only been downloaded a few hundred times. Obviously because no-one knows about them. This is definitely not about my pride in how many downloads I can get, especially since much of my actual compostitions are the original pieces created by elbows, implemented in a more "true-to-the-original" way.
Thanks for you attention, I look forward to hearing your solution,

lallenlowe

halfscottishguy

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
Hi this is lallenlowe, I have submitted a few great effects on the forum where "elbows" posted his original "hologram" effect. I think all the macrumors users would love it if there were an easy way to access all these effects, or at least to know about them. I have succesfully recreated a few of the original iChat effects that are missing, that everyone wants, and somehow they've only been downloaded a few hundred times. Obviously because no-one knows about them. This is definitely not about my pride in how many downloads I can get, especially since much of my actual compostitions are the original pieces created by elbows, implemented in a more "true-to-the-original" way.
Thanks for you attention, I look forward to hearing your solution,

lallenlowe

yea, we need to get more people knowing about them so we get more people making them, some one has made a dedicated site, we need to get people uploading them to that, its http://quartzfx.com/ that has some cool effects, but you should post your to that, so we can build up a database of them.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I think the effects are great and think they should get more exposure. Right now I'm in the midst of a server move, so gimme a couple of days to focus on it.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.