Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
To all those who are still using iClip on Snow Leopard, do previews work for you? By preview, I mean when you hover over an existing clip, can you see its contents expanded in a bubble above it?

While everything else worked, I could never get previews working in Snow Leopard. I've since moved to iClipboard which is very similar but it can not be placed on the bottom edge of the screen which is my preference.

rdvark17

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2010
Preferences

Thanks, Jolly Jimmy, for this information, which I've just come across. I haven't found a decent replacement for iClip (I've been using ClipMenu, which isn't bad, but isn't as good). So I've copied your plist file into my library, and that seems to have solved most of the problems. Except... I can't seem to change the preferences. The one I'd like to change is the size of the box; your preference is set to the smallest square, and I'd like something a bit larger, so that I can actually read the text! Any suggestions?

testmusictest

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2010
the Plist works great!!! except...

the plist ULed by Jolly Jimmy in this thread is good for my iClip 4 on :apple:SL 10.6 :D:D:D:D
Everything's working!!!

So good! So I register here to say Thank you!!!!

Only if you don't check the menubar item.:D
See my attachment.
p.s.: if it won't show & hide automatically, try use the hotkey you like!

Attachments

• iclips.jpg
    iclips.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 171

rschumaker

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2011
Where Did Inventive Go

I was going to buy a registration code for iClip but the website is dead and it doesnt appear you can buy a reg code. What is up?

esoterika

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
Still trying to get iClip to work

I too am a devoted iClip fan but eventually mine started telling me that my trial had expired and when I tried to buy it, like everyone else, I found that it's not for sale anymore.

I have been trying to follow the above directions but am having no luck. I deleted all iClip files from my computer, downloaded iClip 4.0 again, then uploaded the saved preferences zip file above, unzipped, and place the file in the preferences folder as I was supposed to. But no matter what I do, or in what order, every time I try to open iClip again, it tells me my trial has expired and will only let me quit, go to the dead web page, or type in a certificate code that I don't have. I've tried restarting after putting the new version in the preferences folder and that doesn't do anything either.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?!?!

Thank you!!!

Jolly Jimmy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
YES! Finally. iClip is the best.

----------

Edit : Exactly 2 years since I started this thread... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.