Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A number of iCloud services are currently experiencing downtime in the United States, Canada and other countries, an issue that became widespread within the past hour or so. A significant number of users have tipped MacRumors and posted on Twitter and other social media platforms about being unable to sign into iCloud or access related services such as Mail and Find My iPhone.

icloudconnectionerror-800x464.jpg

iTunes has also been experiencing an outage since at least 8:30 AM Pacific, although Apple has yet to update its system status page to reflect any ongoing issues with either iCloud or iTunes. MacRumors will continue to track Apple's system status page and the affected services and providing the latest status updates about the outage as new information becomes available.

Apple services have experienced multiple instances of downtime in recent months, including a prolonged App Store and iTunes outage in early March, and subsequent downtime in late March, followed by a TestFlight outage for developers in May. Apple has historically been rather slow at updating it system status page to reflect any ongoing issues, usually doing so several minutes after issues begin.

Update 9:09 AM Pacific: iCloud services have been restored for some users.

Article Link: iCloud and iTunes Experiencing Widespread Outage [Updated]

Last edited:
Reactions: Manny Duarte

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Also, although I can sign in to iCloud, the two-step verification codes sent to my devices are always "incorrect" and I can get no further.

frosty001

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
UK too.
Not one to complain, but it is a bit worrying that this seems to happen far more often with Apple, rather than Google, Microsoft and Amazon. Email is a pretty important communication tool, and to miss this for well over an hour is a bad habit Apple need to nip in the bud quickly.
Not to mention they keep adding (great) new services which i would presume adds to the overall load on their servers....

clipsedsm95

macrumors member
May 17, 2012
New York
I can't use any of my apps. It keeps asking me to sign into my iTunes account and since server isn't reaponding it won't allow app to open !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 159

dwsolberg

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2003
Grrr... every time I think about using Apple web/cloud services for anything important, I get a reminder of how unreliable they are. I'm wary of Google, but there's something seductive about cloud services that just work.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
UK too.
Not one to complain, but it is a bit worrying that this seems to happen far more often with Apple, rather than Google, Microsoft and Amazon. Email is a pretty important communication tool, and to miss this for well over an hour is a bad habit Apple need to nip in the bud quickly.
Not to mention they keep adding (great) new services which i would presume adds to the overall load on their servers....

Exactly why I left Apple cloud services a few years ago in favour of Gmail, Google Calendar etc. Since doing so, not a single problem.

RDeckard

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Hmmm... All iCloud services up and running for me here in San Diego. Drive, Photos, Find my iPhone, Calendar, etc. working...

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Thank heavens I don't rely on iCloud for any business critical applications.

PS I like the new look MacRumors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.