iCloud Backup - how often should it happen

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by inthemix, Aug 19, 2016.

1. inthemix macrumors newbie

I plug my phone in at home, where I have wifi, every night. It's plugged in for 6-8 hours while I sleep. So far the only backup that's completed was two days ago. Shouldn't the phone back up automatically every night?

Screenshot attached. Current date is 8/19 so the screenshot was taken today.

This has been previously discussed and no answer was given.

IMG_2255.PNG

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Do you use your iPhone between 2AM and 4AM?

Is your Wi-Fi upload speed particularly slow?

Does your Wi-Fi drop connection to your phone after a period of idle time (i.e. when the screen is locked) - a common thing for hotel Wi-Fi to do, for example.

How long have you been using iCloud backup? Is that backup on the 17th your first?

:)

3. AeroZ macrumors 6502

AeroZ

Disable iCloud backup, delete backup from iCloud, re-enable iCloud backup and manually backup your phone the first time.

4. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Why? You can run a manual iCloud backup any time, no need to turn anything on/off or delete backups.

5. AeroZ macrumors 6502

AeroZ

If automatic icloud backup doesn't work when the device is connected to a power source and wifi then the steps that I provided might help to fix this.