iCloud Drive

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Trahearne, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Trahearne, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015

Trahearne macrumors 6502

I really hope Apple can introduce a toggle to hide app folders in Document Picker and the iCloud Drive App. Even being hidden from the list, apps with Document Picker support at best can still use its synced app folder for private or "unsaved" documents, and file aliases (iWork *cough*) that act as a list of recent documents out of its container.

As for the upside, your document picker is no longer flooded by app folders, which once flushed away the real folders you created by contexts or projects at the drive's root. Together with Open In Place, it would finally deliver Finder-like experience, yet simpler, with proper placeholder support & inter-app file access.

Feedbacks filed anyway. Hope that more iCloud Drive users would file one too.

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

On my iPhone and iPad, the only folders I see are the ones I created. I do not see within the iCloud Drive app any of the application folders that I see on my desktop like Numbers or Pages. Do you see these in your picker?

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I see the folder for all the apps that use iCloud Drive. I see a folder for Number, Pages, and in my case, Scanner by Readdle, Documents by Readdle and Officesuite.

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

Interesting. I see none of those on my phone but looking again I see them on my iPad. I guess I was not paying attention there. Not sure what the difference is but if I had to guess the problem would be with the version I see on the phone since most likely I am supposed to see every folder too.

They don't bother me I guess but I'm in favor of some way to hide them. Maybe you could make a new folder called "A" and start putting your personal folders there. That would place a single folder at the top that once clicked only showed what you really wanted to see without the app folders.

5. Trahearne thread starter macrumors 6502

New empty app libraries (including those re-created after a delete) would be hidden until one gets the first ever file or alias inside.

Well, that's an extra tap which could be avoided. I worked it around by starting all my own folders with # so that they stay at the top of my list. Just hope that one day I can hide them once and for all unless I need them.