Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
Today I checked what I have backed up in my iCloud and found a 2.8gb backup.
I only backup my iPhone and after removing the backup of my iPhone there is still a 1.5gb backup I can’t remove from my phone, iCloud.com or my Mac (which I don’t backup to iCloud).
So what is this backup that racks up 1.5gb and how can I remove it?
I include some images. Don’t mind the Swedish menus. The images are after I removed the backups of my phone. iCloud should only have some files stored from apps so the 1.5gb really confuse me. I only have 5gb and it should be sufficient but with this I only get 3.5gb.
Any ideas how to get rid of it?
If it is an old device then it should be visible among backed up devices but nothing like that shows up.

148461C2-E1A7-4389-B899-CDCB2ECCDD4E.jpeg 0C59FC8F-33B1-4199-9C74-D46D41B5553A.jpeg CF5E7A46-83B5-4495-AA1C-B57EFFD506F9.png

Paul_W

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2016
Rutland, UK
I had this a while back. It was caused by a problem when I ran the beta of iOS 9 a couple of years ago. I had to call Apple and explained the problem and the cause. They then elevated it to 2nd level support who were able to clear it. If you never ran the beta then this is probably different for you. Just one possible solution

Knapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2014
I had this a while back. It was caused by a problem when I ran the beta of iOS 9 a couple of years ago. I had to call Apple and explained the problem and the cause. They then elevated it to 2nd level support who were able to clear it. If you never ran the beta then this is probably different for you. Just one possible solution
Thanks for your answer. I’ve never run a beta but the solution was the same. Called Apple support who had to get help from someone with more advanced knowledge who manually cleared it.
Seems to have been a failed backup that got stuck there and allocated space that never was filled with anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.