iCloud Password Will Not Work

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by ghsNick, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Hey Everyone -

I just got a MacBook 3 days ago and everything was working perfectly. Today I keep getting these alerts to type in my iCloud password because there's a problem connecting.

I've typed the correct password in multiple times and it won't work. I've tried to sign out, restart and log back in...nothing works.

Any idea what the problem is? Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 11.53.27 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-12-23 at 11.56.00 AM.png

2. marzfreerider macrumors member

I'm having the same problem as you, I have been on with AppleCare for the past few days back and forth. Spent over 6 hours yesterday trying different things to fix it. No luck so far. They have had me reinstall the OS, erase the drive and other things. Are you able to sign in to the App store and iTunes by any chance? I can't even sign in to them. If I get it figured out I'll let you know. Hope it gets sorted out.

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

I think I found a fix...it was posted earlier.

1) Do you use 2-Step Authorization?

2) Here's the solution I used.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/any-icloud-problems-with-el-capitan.1891962/#post-21453738

4. marzfreerider macrumors member

Got my issue fixed finally, thanks for that. Most of my problem was when they replaced the flash storage and logic board. The serial number didn't get registered properly so iCloud, iTunes and the App store wouldn't work. But all good now finally, hope yours is working well now also. Thanks again though for the link.