Icon/Folder/Candy Bat Questions!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stagecustom, Apr 11, 2007.

1. stagecustom macrumors regular

Hey guys. another Q: i have been importing alot of my dvds, seasons tv shows etc. I am wondering if there is a way to take a regular folder (the one created when you click "new Folder") look better. like for example could i put a family guy icon instead. or am i stuck with crappy regular folders?

Or is there a way to change ANY icon. for instance i want to make the videos have icons of that show or movie. instead of just a quicktime icon...

Thanks.

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Are you looking for something like this maybe?

If you just want to change your generic icons into something different, then you need Candybar and the icons at Iconfactory and Interfacelift...I think interfacelift has some music group specific folders that you could use also, but I don't know about TV shows or movies.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Make your new icon, then copy (cmd-c) it [into Clipboard].

Select the file/folder, then "Get Info" (cmd-I), Finder->File, or right-click.

Click on the icon, then paste (cmd-v). The new icon should replace the existing one.

Enjoy!

4. stagecustom thread starter macrumors regular

ok, how do i make a new icon? can it just be a jpeg, of say a movie poster, that is what im after, i already have candy bar etc. I JUST want to change individual icons to pictures not necessarily icons sets etc.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

These steps will only change the icon for the file you have "Get Info" open on.

Not familiar with Candy Bar.

You can start with a JPEG (or pretty much any format, once it's open in an application).

For instance, open your movie poster image in Preview, use the select tool and then "copy". This will put the selection onto the Clipboard, so you can then paste it using the steps I gave earlier.

6. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

If you're looking to create new icons, you can use the program called Img2Icns(hobbile name, I know.) I drag/drop standard jpegs into it and it spits out an icon. Its very good.