I'd like to know... what this is :x

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Razuyen, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Razuyen macrumors newbie

Hey there.

First of all, I'd like to apologize if this matter has already been discussed around, it's just that I don't even know what to name this thing so couldn't do much with searching.

Can anyone explain to me what is this happening to my iPod touch? And if there's a way to solve it?

[​IMG]

Addition: The "blobs" are slightly movable if I pressure a bit. I just want them to disappear. :(

2. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

My guess is you have a jailbroken iPod and you're seeing icon shadows (blobs).

Image Shack is blocked at work, so I can't see the pic you posted.

3. Razuyen thread starter macrumors newbie

It was jailbroken once, and in fact thats when the problem started, but since then I already restored my iPod.

Should I host the pic somewhere else?

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think you are very wrong. You should try looking at the picture later.

Simply put, the screen is getting ruined. Pressure normally causes things like that. Did someone manage to step on or or something?

5. Razuyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe that "or something" is true. Anyways, isn't it strange that I can move the "blobs" around with some pressure? I mean, the left and small one was a bit bigger and I "squished it"...

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It's definitely a hardware issue. You can confirm this by taking a screen cap (lock button + home button at the same time) and emailing the photo to yourself. If the photo looks normal, it's a hardware issue that can only be fixed by replacing the screen. If it does show the blobs, then it's not a hardware issue.

7. Razuyen thread starter macrumors newbie

Done that. It doesn't appear. :) Time to buy a new one, I guess.

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Seems like your iPod has gone kaput. But before buying a new one I'd see if a fix would come out more economical.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Sounds like a good idea. It would be a little expensive to repair and paying $70ish dollars and possibly messing it up, it probably isn't worth it. Especially if that's a 2nd generation iPod Touch.

10. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

No question I'm very wrong. That isn't shadows, it is a hardware issue of some sort.