Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
WOW, am I glad I stumbled upon this topic. This is my own CD I did back in 1996 and I never found out what font this is for my own name on the CD.

What is it? Please. It is obviously italicized and shadowed...perhaps some sort of custom font or is it standard?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/freis

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
Does anyone recognize this one?
51wBhca27L.jpg

It's almost identical to every other medieval font (and I looked at alot of them), except the "Y" is completely different (I realize there are bunch of flourishes around it).

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
name that typeface?

Hey guys, can anyone see what typeface this is? and if so maybe suggest a free alternative? much appreciated.

font.jpg

i found ITC Barcelona and Campanula are a bit similar but not similar enough

iDoof

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2008
Hi, can someone give me either the exact font, or something similar to this one:

organism.png

Thanks!!!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Hi, can someone give me either the exact font, or something similar to this one:

organism.png

Thanks!!!

The o, r, a, n, m are almost certainly Chalet New York 1970 by House Industries.

The i probably is as well, but they've modified the dot.

The g is quite possibly from another font, it is equally possible that is bespoke created for the logo. I do not know.

The s looks familiar, but I can't think of the font off the top of my head, obviously whoever designed that logo wasn't paying enough attention to the fact that the s is infact of a entirely different character weight.

However I digress, a free font called Amalgamation can be readily obtained on the web, and I do believe that the s is reasonably similar, though may require subtle modification in Illustrator.

G

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
What font does Steve Jobs use in his Keynote at MacWorld 2008?

I need to make a presentation about the history of Angalo and MacWorld font looks nice.

Oh and I'm guessing all of Apple's fonts are already in the font book or can we download them from some where? (iPod fonts and such)

Thanks,

KJ

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
What font does Steve Jobs use in his Keynote at MacWorld 2008?

I need to make a presentation about the history of Angalo and MacWorld font looks nice.

Oh and I'm guessing all of Apple's fonts are already in the font book or can we download them from some where? (iPod fonts and such)

Thanks,

KJ
Myriad pro semi-bold, or the macbook air one is myriad pro light or something..

iDoof

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2008
http://www.hyperakt.com/index.php

hi guys,

thanks for the help previously. I'm wondering now what the font used in this webpage is: the font used for the main links "WORK" "STUDIO" "NEWS" "SAY HELLO"

Might there be a free version that's similar that I could use?

Thanks guys!

Apple!Fre@k

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2006
Anyone know the name of the two fonts used on the left side of the cover for "The Next Small Thing" and "Why Bigger Isn't Always Better?"

37sigcoverpz0.jpg

i3iz

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2005
You can use this site for automatic font recognition, it's fairly accurate as I have used it a couple of times.

[SIZE=-1]www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont

just upload an image of the font and voilà~

by the way, does anyone know where I can get this: It's called Welcome, and it was used in the Germany 2006 FIFA world cup.
The difficult part is that it's not even for sale, and only the FIFA organisers and related (ie. Yahoo) have it. Do you, or anyone you know has it... especially since the FIFA is finished over a year...

deom6.jpg

http://www.whitestone.ac/clients/2006/typeface.htm
[/SIZE]

DANUBE is very close. you can alter in illustrator Cmd-O makes outlines.
http://www.dafont.com/danube.font

emduff

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
This is a common font that I lost when my computer crashed...

rad.gif

can anyone help me? it is a free true type font that I would have downloaded about a year ago. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.