IE 11 on WP 8.1.1 rendering ussues

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Michael Goff, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Michael Goff Suspended

Michael Goff

I frequent this forum a lot on my Lumia 1520. I have noticed that it isn't exactly easy, the site has a few issues (or maybe my phone does, not sure). The drop down menu doesn't work on the forums page. There's no way to get back to the main forums from a subforum, and even buttons don't render right. They show up as small squares with no text.

Attached Files:

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

thanks for the heads up. We'll look into it.

arn

3. Michael Goff thread starter Suspended

Michael Goff

Has there been any progress on figuring out what the problem is?

4. joeyfigaro macrumors newbie

Hey Michael - the issue is WP IE. It has next to no support for common CSS. Workarounds are on the list of things to address, but in the meantime, have you tried a different browser?

5. Michael Goff thread starter Suspended

Michael Goff

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this.

No, I haven't. I've always been under the impression that a competing browser didn't exist on a locked down WP device. I've just gotten used to where the buttons are supposed to be and pressing them as such. It is kind of annoying to not be able to quote, but I've gotten used to it on my phone.

Maybe this is just going to be a thing until 10 and IE 12?

Edit: Realized my SP 3 wasn't on mobile. Changed it, and the entire site went to poo. Maybe it is a problem with IE Modern version in general?

Edit2: Nope, desktop IE does it too. I'm guessing you're using something IE can't render at all.