If 5 Sept is for iPod, Paris event is for iPhone or Mac or both?

Amethyst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
If 5 sept is for ipod, paris event is for iphone or mac or both?

what do you think

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Paris Expo for the 12" ultra-portable MBP, 40GB Flash boot, touchscreen wonder, etc.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
I think it will be a silent update, coming in the next month or so.
My crystal iBall says...

Paris will be iPhone UK & maybe TV shows in iTMS and :apple:TV.

iPods & Mac Pro's at that rumored event on 9/5.

I really want an MBP refresh with the 2.6 processor and larger drives, but I'm dreaming on this one.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
And while Europe will get dates for the iPhone, and movies and TV in iTMS (at least for the UK), then the rest of y'all will get HD at iTMS just in time for the 2007/2008 tv season.

Oh, and by the way, on September 5th, iTMS will get...
BEATLES and the Apple store will start stocking a Yellow Submarine iPod in addition to all the other nifty iPods to be released that day.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors Pentium
Jul 16, 2002
Paris is iPhone ONLY just as MWSF was iPhone ONLY. Apple doesn't want to muddle the message. They want the headline, the page 2 story, the page 3 story to be iPhone, iPhone, iPhone, just like it was at the US launch.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors Pentium
Jul 16, 2002
You would think Apple would release a new MacPro in September. I would be all over it... Then it would force me and everyone else to buy Leopard in October, thus Apple making two sales.
Apple can't release a new MP until Intel ships its new Penryn chips. No chips, no MP. Maybe late Oct, more likely November or Jan.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
Remind me again while you're all so positive Paris will have new launches? Is it recent past history, or maybe Apple's recent form for unveiling new stuff at events other than their own, special ones...?

Pressure

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Apple can't release a new MP until Intel ships its new Penryn chips. No chips, no MP. Maybe late Oct, more likely November or Jan.
Remember we have already seen Apple getting access to unannounced processors ahead of schedule from Intel (3.0Ghz Clovertown a full quarter ahead of official release and the Merom based X7900 2.80Ghz processor used in the current iMac).

If anything, I am sure Apple could get access to Wolfdale and Harpertown (both 45nm Penryn processors) next month for a new Mac Pro release.

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
Remember we have already seen Apple getting access to unannounced processors ahead of schedule from Intel (3.0Ghz Clovertown a full quarter ahead of official release and the Merom based X7900 2.80Ghz processor used in the current iMac).

If anything, I am sure Apple could get access to Wolfdale and Harpertown (both 45nm Penryn processors) next month for a new Mac Pro release.
Yes, that's right. Thank you. lol

Mac Enroe

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
Mac Pro updates around the corner

The Mac Pro really needs an update, it's taken way too long for it.

Anyways, I'm happy with mine.

I just feel sorry for all those who have waited. :(
Maybe I´ve gone insane after soooooo many months of Mac Pro update obsession, but I´m convinced Apple Inc. will present Leopard on new updated Mac Pro in October and start shipping them late Oct-early Nov.

If I see nothing by December I will create an "I hate Jobs and Gates blog".