Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
I would like to see a side-button power on feature. Opening the MBP to turn it on when I use it at home with an external monitor sucks. I would like to just set it down, plug it in, and push a side button and have it turn on. Thoughts?
You turn your computer off. :eek: ;)

Colton534

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2009
Unknown
I dunno about design changes, but I like everything Apple brings to the table in that respect. I wanna see this Tablet that everyone is yacking about lately.
Well when the pics of it get leaked.

No Kidding. there aren't many threads on the tablet's specs or hardware. i'm more interested in the MBP but i guess we'll see what happens with the refresh.

Corrode

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
I would like to see a side-button power on feature. Opening the MBP to turn it on when I use it at home with an external monitor sucks. I would like to just set it down, plug it in, and push a side button and have it turn on. Thoughts?

Haha, that's a ridiculous request. Change the design of the laptop to accommodate something that takes 1 second? Might be a stretch to get Apple to see eye-to-eye with you on that one.:)

Colton534

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2009
Unknown
There is no way for anyone to know, but there are plenty of good guesses. I agree with the thoughts above, a spec upgrade seems to be the likeliest of options.

It sounds to me like everyone was all excited for this upgrade right up until it was (basically) decided what chipset was going into it. The reason i ask is my parents want to buy my aluminum uMB (for more than it's worth) at the end of december. i have the 2ghz C2D, 2GB ram, and 120 HDD. I do some music recording and production, a intensive photoshopping, programming, and run some pretty high end engineering software. will i be able to see a big difference in performance with the new chipset and more memory? also, will this chipset pull my battery life down a ton?

If anyone can take a stab at this, i'd love your input Thanks :)

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Here's another question. Apple has a penchant for upselling, i.e., putting features some features in higher end models and omitting them from the base models Could anyone see them initially start putting arrandale in the 17" and top tier 15" mbps and leaving (maybe faster) core 2 duos in the 13" and lower tier 15"?

Colton534

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2009
Unknown
Here's another question. Apple has a penchant for upselling, i.e., putting features some features in higher end models and omitting them from the base models Could anyone see them initially start putting arrandale in the 17" and top tier 15" mbps and leaving (maybe faster) core 2 duos in the 13" and lower tier 15"?

The new processors are smaller, so in theory i believe they would work fine in the 13". but you do have an extremely good point. maybe we'll see the faster i7's in the higher end and the i5's in the 13". i hope not though, i like the small size but lot's of power.
does anyone more experienced think they know the answer to this???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.