If all these prototypes are in fact legitimate...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMJustAGuy, Jun 2, 2010.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

If all these prototypes are in fact legitimate, what the hell is Jobs gonna get up on stage and say? "Hey, so um, well, here it is! You know all about it now go try it for yourself!"

Honestly though, it seems as if it is going to be embarrassing watching him up there demo-ing everything that leaked. And he pretty much confirmed to me (IMO) that they are legitimate the moment he stated he was "not going to let this slide" about the leaks. We already know about OS 4. And the biggest surprises for the event would be a camera flash, better camera, and a front facing camera. I'm not saying we now know everything about it, but there is nothing major left. I am not asking what you think any surprise features would be, but just how embarrassing it will be for Jobs to get on stage and demo what we have already seen...

Also, EVEN if there is a design change, its the features that make the event worth while, not the new casing. Not that I wouldn't love something a little different, but he never talks about form factor for more than moment.

Thoughts?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not embarrassing.
    Leaks like this happen to many companies.
    He still has to present his product to the world and thats what he will do.
    Probably act like nothing happened.

3. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Are you still going to keep clicking refresh on your browser every 30 seconds for the whole event???? I know I am...

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Hardly embarrassing. People will cheer and clap as though the guy just told them something new.

5. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Heck yeah I am! Ha, even when they tell you NOT to refresh because it loads automatically... NOT GOOD ENOUGH... Haha. Anyway... I'm not saying I'm not excited by any means. It's just, well, exactly as I already states... What's he gonna say?

6. nateharr macrumors 6502

Exactly. Diehard fans like us are still going to be "ZOMFG IT'S STEVE!!!!11!!!" on the 7th.

The rest of the world isn't like us. Sure, a lot of people heard about the prototype and were shocked that it leaked, but most of them did not care enough to focus on the new features.

Steve Jobs will present the product like nothing happened and we will all be damn excited to hear his voice again. Besides, it's his job to present it formally to the world.

I cannot wait for June 12th. (The day I get back from a mission trip to Duncan, Oklahoma to hear the news officially.)

7. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

^ Doubt he will act as if nothing happened. I have a feeling that it will be made into a joke... (even though in last nights interview you could tell he was pissed about it)

8. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

What are you talking about?...it auto-refreshes :p

9. lovemyipad macrumors member

i COMPLETELY agree!

It'll be halarious to hear him say...

AND IT'S AVAILABLE IN THIS BEAUTIFUL MAGICAL WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE FRONT IS WHITE TOO!!!! MAGICAL, AMAZING, MAGICAL *heckler interrupts to say, we know steve..."

10. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

we saw what it looked like. we dont know soft details or hard details. plus new apis for the new phone and 4.0

11. iMJustAGuy thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I think we can safely say that it has a flash, front facing cam, and a better camera. What else is there? Those are pretty hard details to me. As far as OS4... we know what it includes already, there may be changes here and there, but I highly doubt OS4 will make more than a cameo at the event.

12. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Auto refresh to every 15 seconds.

13. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

He'll probably exclaim about things that we can't tell. Battery life, how software interacts with hardware to make a cool effect(compass with maps app), hidden hardware features(auto focus),and the speed increase with the A4. That seems pretty interesting; even if we already know what the phone looks like.

14. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

No that i think about it, it REALLY SUCKS how we already know about the next iPhone.

THANKS A LOT GRAY, thief, and gizmodo!!!

15. iphonetic macrumors member

They are definitely legit. I'm sure Steve will still think of something to make they keynote interesting.

16. nateharr macrumors 6502

There is also some potential to the more 3GS-like iPhone 4. I doubt it, but I guess anything is possible.

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I bet they have Powell come out first, casually "lose" the new iPhone on a stool, and walk away. Then Jobs comes out, finds it, and calls Bill Gates on the front videocam to crow about what he found and offer to sell it to him for five grand.

18. nateharr macrumors 6502

It would be a great PR move if they brought out a happy but embarrassed Gray Powell who still had his job.

I know I'd feel better about buying the iPhone 4 from Apple. I am still pissed at Gizmodo for that whole fiasco.

19. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

We already knew what the new iPhone would look like last year too ... Most of us already had one in our pocket. I'm sure there's a lot "under the hood" that we don't know about yet ... and Steve will focus on that stuff.

Honestly, I think the people that have heard about the leak and all that constitute a very small minority in comparison to the rest of the world. Shoot, just last week I went to the Apple website and my girlfriend saw the screen as said "What's this! There's going to be a new iPhone software?". We come to this website and all the other ones to get the rumors and leaks ... most people don't do that.

20. iphonetic macrumors member

Bill Gates, really? lol good sarcasm :cool:

21. nateharr macrumors 6502

Exactly. The general public probably doesn't care or would get confused by all the prototype hoopla. They want a new shiny Apple logo in their hand and want to be able to boast that it's the latest and greatest.

22. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

just like the general public doesn't "jailbreak"

23. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

Demo what we have already seen? What exactly have you seen so far besides hardware? You have no idea how the video chat feature will work, you don't know if the flash is for only pics or both pics and vid,,,you don't know hoe many megspixels...you really don't know anything about the new iPhone

If anything...this leaky phone has more hype than any previous iPhones...ever

24. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

For whatever reason they leaked, I doubt the CEO of a high profile company would acknowledge a slip up in the company's security efforts. Steve would basically be taking a shot at his own company if he joked about the leak or even acknowledged it.

Steve will get up there, and present the new iPhone as if nothing happened. Do you think they'd honestly want to draw even more attention to these security breaches?

25. MadMacxxx macrumors 6502a

MadMacxxx

Exactly.