if Apple pulled same 4 month delay release like S2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aneftp, Aug 30, 2011.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

I would be pissed. I love all phones. I own Android, blackberries, and iPhones.

I can't believe us in the USA have to wait almost 4 months to get the Samsung galaxy S2.

Samsung just committed suicide in the USA by announcing the S2 to be released just as iPhone 5 is coming out. We all know apple will announce the iPhone 5 before the S2's release date in the USA (slated for mid to late September)

Apple would never pull this crap on Euorpeans for their iPhone. With the exception of their first iPhone 2007 (which everyone knows was a test to see if the product would be successful) Europeans (in the major countries) have gotten the iPhone within weeks of the USA launch date.

Sorry this is more of a rant. But I wanted the S2 over the summer to tie me over until the iPhone 5 was released. I was willing to pay $600 on eBay for unlocked ones but they were going for over $700.

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I don't know what this thread is about.
    You're in America, of course you'll get the phone first. Why would you be offended if it's delayed for other countries?

3. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

I say it was more of a rant.

What I really wanted to say is Samsung is committing suicide in the US market with their S2 because they delayed the S2 release almost 4 mo the compared to europe's late May/early June release.

Wouldn't Europeans be pissed if Apple were to release the iPhone 5 in October in the USA. And Apple wouldn't release the iPhone 5 in Europe till Jan 2012.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

5. darster Suspended

Not all Americans will be able to get it. Verizon is not going to sell the S2.

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

So the fact that the US gets an updated device and there are many waiting to get their hands on the phone is somehow suicide? They will have a new device out to top the Galaxy S 2 in a few months anyway, it's not like this was their one and only shot. If the rumours of the Nexus Prime are true Samsung has nothing to worry about.

7. aneftp thread starter macrumors 68040

It's not based on nothing. It's a rant. I admitted it on my post.

I think Samsung is asking for failure trying to launch the S2 around same time as iPhone 5 in the USA especially since it's on the two big carriers and maybe one other carrier.

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The Galaxy S II has been announced and will be out on Sept 16th and 18th, depending on which carrier you prefer.

I have one of the originals that I brought back from an overseas trip, it's fantastic. A great combo with my iPhone 4.

http://goo.gl/hPNvk

9. darster Suspended

10. boss.king, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Probably something to do with the Droid Prime (Nexus Prime) that Verizon is rumoured to be getting soon, which they feel is more competitive against the iPhone 5.

Edit: forgot the link
    http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/29/verizon-wireless-exclusively-launching-samsung-droid-prime-in-october/

11. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

I'm not too sure what this thread is about either, but from my interpretation, here's my response:

Apple did pull a huge delay on an iPhone. It was the year long delay of the white iPhone 4. Let's hope they got the iPhone 5 under control this time and won't delay it.

12. aztooh macrumors 6502a

It comes to ATT on the 18th. Unless the new iPhone is announced by then, and is an actual update w/bigger screen, I'll be getting the S2. I'm on a 3g, and tired of waiting, and not upgrading to a refreshed iPhone 4 if that's what they bring to the table.

13. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Oh I know!!
    I had to immigrate to France about 4 months ago just because of that. Couldn't stand the 4 months wait.

14. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I've Got an iPhone 4 that I love, but I'm with ya. I'll be going SGS2 if the 5 is not announced soon and has a different body.

15. shelbymayer macrumors regular

How is this suicide for samsung? The phone is already available overseas and is doing very well. Apple pulls the same stuff...only they release it in the US first then bring it to other countries later. Would you say apple is committing suicide? Plus apple is doing even worse this time because they missed their annual refresh! (which contrary to belief is a big deal because when you conisitantly release a product 4 years in a row then delay it the 5th year with no information about the new phone or reason why it's delayed it doesn't sit well)

16. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

OP, Samsung is gonna be ok. Read the articles. This is the iPhone Killer! No no, not like the other iPhone killers in the past that couldn't kill a Nokia 6100, this is a true iPhone killer for realsies. I mean who could deny that a phone that hasn't been released yet in the US is already leaps and bounds better than the next gen iPhone that hasn't been released and no one knows anything certain about??

Sorry for the sarcastic response, but the term "iPhone killer" always bugs me. But at least it shows that people still view the iPhone 4 as the best phone out there.

17. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

The iPhone HAS been delayed 4 months (so far). Not from an announcement, but from the regular release schedule.

18. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

hahahahahahahahaha :D