If I buy a Mac today, will I have to pay for Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kavika411, Jun 19, 2007.

1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

If I buy a MacBook Pro today, will I have to pay for Leopard when it is released, or does Apple have some sort of program that allows free OS X upgrades for computers bought within a certain period of time prior to a release? Thanks.

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

You'll likely have to pay for it. There was a thing when Tiger came out that you'd get it if you bought within the week or so before it came out, but I don't remember the details.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

If I remember correctly, in the past it's been within 30 days prior to release. Then it's a nominal fee for media, shipping and handling. (like $20).

4. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I'm sure you'll be eligible for a discount if you purchase a new mac within a month or so before Leopard's release. I would wait, if I were you... :rolleyes:

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yes.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You will have to pay full retail for Leopeard if you buy a comouter now. Apple allows a nominal fee upgrade of $19.95 once they announce a ship date for comouters purchased after the announced date.

That said, why wait?

7. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Well the waiting part is entirely up to you. Do you need it now, or can you afford to hold out a couple more months...