Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
iPhone 3GS Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3

Hello, I would first off like to apologize in advance for asking questions that have already been answered somewhere in this expansive forum. While researching this I got a headache and decided I should probably just ask and get a flat answer.

I have an iPhone 3GS 32gig with the Model as "MB#####". It currently is running "3.1.3(7E18)." Is there any hope to jailbreak/unlock my phone? I see mixed results and many different ways of doing this and I am just very confused right now.

A simple No will be fine with me, I just want to know if I should keep researching it or just give up for a while and start my search over again in a week or two.

I have never jailbroken/unlocked it before but should have the old restore files backed up on my computer by iTunes of previous versions(I don't know if that's helpful or not sorry).

If this is possible, can you recommend or link me to a way to do it or a more organized information source. I looked here for about an hour and way more confused than when I started.
This looks promising but I think it was discredited: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5432

EDIT: So I guess i dont need it unlocked because im on AT&T and after more reading its safe to assume there is no jailbreak at this time?
EDIT2: Ok so I found a credible website that is updated regularly.... http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/jailbreak/

yentrog31

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2009
RGGnDFW
Yeah, don't upgrade to 3.1.3. Even if your SHSH's are on file, you still might not be able to downgrade. I haven't figured out what went wrong, but that's exactly what happened to me. I'll keep working on it, perhaps I did something wrong, but I don't think so. Guess that shows me for listening to other people.

Yay, I get to wait til a 4.0 Jailbreak before I can jb again.

what have you done so far?..did you get the redirect saved in notepad?

if so..did you try and restore back to 3.1.2 ?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
If you are on firmware 3.1.3 and not previously jailbroken,you cannot jailbreak at this time.

Since you asked for short answer I will skip the explanation of why you cannot.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Thank you for the answer. When it comes out for 4.0 or for 3.1.3 (if they decide to make it), I will definitely have more questions :p

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
Running major hacks on your iPhone and trying to avoid anything that's "too much work" (even when people give you links) are more or less mutually exclusive, especially when your threshold for "too much work" is so low.

haha so well put

can we sticky this post at the top of the iPhone Hacks forum !

Shwonx

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2009
Any firmware restore will clear your usage data, whether you restore from backup or set up as new. What sense would it make to store usage data in a point-in-time backup that one might restore to weeks or even months later?

It actually DOES save during a backup. I've restored my phone many times, and when it is first restored (and not to a backup) usage info is all at zero. As soon as I restore to my backup, all of my usage information comes back.

I don't really need it though so I guess I'll just restore and set up as new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.