If I very recently got a Pro, can I upgrade for free?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Advil, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

I just got a pro less than a month ago (2.4 unibody) is there a way I can return and get the newest pro that is the same price range? I bought from amazon but will either they or apple allow this?

2. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah ok, didn't think so but was worth a try. I thought I had a month to return or something.

How much do you think I can sell this one for? It's still in perfect condition.

Thanks!

3. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Why sell it if you've had it for a month and it's in perfect condition?

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not likely. With in a 14-day window yes, outside of that no.

5. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would very much benefit from the added battery life as I travel a lot. I'm in college and I travel to go home and back to school (Iowa to Texas) all the time. That and I use it at school a lot as well.

Ah, ok. I didn't realize the window was so short. Don't know where I got 30 days from.

6. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If you are lucky, you will be able to sell your laptop for slightly less for what they are going for in the refurbished store. If your laptop works fine, don't bother upgrading it now.
    You can get extra batteries and external chargers that will extend the battery life of your current Mac. Most people only report seeing a 1 hour increase in practical battery life over the last gen anyways.

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

You could go and ask nicely see what they say. I know a guy here in these very forums had a 30ish day window and he went upfront to the manager and stated what he wanted and why. Manager said, yes, he understands and helped him with the upgrade. I think he paid for a small difference. (higher up machine 2.4GHz MBP vs 2.66 MBP) This was some while ago

8. BumontheRun macrumors newbie

It is actually 14 days from the announcement day. They extend it 2 weeks from the announcement date. So if you were within two weeks on 6/8 then you are still fine.

You have the option to go with the price difference also. That's what I did. I got the 17" with educational discount and they ended up giving me $535 back.

9. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I would try ti

If you bought from amazon, I would give them a shout out. Tell them you want to return, and buy the new model. I did that once, worked fine.

10. chandler99 macrumors regular

surely you could buy one of the the style batteries for your mac. Its not a sealed unit after all???

11. TXBDan macrumors regular

Yeh, Amazon has a pretty good return policy. just return it.

12. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

Did they charge you a restocking fee ?

13. Gianlusp macrumors member

I bought MBP on 23 May and yesterday I got new MBP upgraded in Apple store New orleans and also I received $ 300 Gift coupon....I didn't expect it..
    Great Apple!! Try..!!!