Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Currently using DP1 on my 1,1 Mac mini, however, for unity's sake, I'd like to change the Launchpad icon from the old square icon to the new round rocket icon.

How can I find where Launchpad is saved to change the icon for it? I've found two icons within Dock.app, however, changing these out hasn't changed the icon so there must be another somewhere. Anybody know offhand where it's saved or what tool I could use to track it down?

Thanks!

-Chris.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
Sorry for not actually answering your question (I don't know the answer) but why are you still using DP1? Go get the GM! You'll have many new things and if unity is so important for you, you'll have many other things fixed that aren't consistent in DP1.

SideStepSociety

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 12, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm using the retail version on my MBP, however, my mini will only support DP1. At least, until I decided to upgrade the processor. For the amount my mini gets used, DP 1 works more than well enough. :)

amimed

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2011
nice post man
i would love to find where it is cauz i can't find it anywhere on my mac

aresinferno

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
In the GM and release, launchpad can be found in the applications folder. It is most likely just an application that acts as a shortcut to launchpad, which is most likely included within the Dock.app but I may be wrong. If not then it is most likely somewhere within the CoreServices folder in your main system library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.