If iPhone is offered on Verizon - Will you dump AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Barbs, May 11, 2010.

?

Will you dump AT&T?

1. I will stick with AT&T - Perfectly happy

87 vote(s)
    49.7%
  2. I will dump AT&T - Hate my current service

41 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Would be Undecided - Mainly comes down to the dollars.

47 vote(s)
    26.9%
  1. Barbs macrumors 6502

2. kzoojason76 macrumors member

I say that I answered this question in about 10 other threads with virtually the same title.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I think there might be 11 threads, haha.

But seriously, if you do a search there is at least a handful of threads asking this very same question.

4. Norsk macrumors newbie

Will def dump AT&T/ Not very happy with the service. Only get 60% of time with the signal at my house. mostly of time is X.

Booo AT&T. Verizon FTW!!!

If Iphone doesnt go to Verizon, Ill get the Incredible.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I dunno, it depends on who will give me the best deal.

6. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Only if I can use data while in a phone call.

Voice service here isn't bad enough to switch. I'd prefer Verizon's coverage, but it's not a deal breaker here.

4G service is the only compelling feature I am looking for in a cell phone right now, and I don't live in a big enough city to get it through Sprint or anyone else who currently offers it. Once 4G networks have completely replaced 3G, in the same markets, then I will take another look at the different carrier's options. That's many years off though.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Let's not bash AT&T so we don't give the Verizon bashers any justification to bash us. It would be nice to keep this thread civil for once.

First time I've seen this question posed in this fashion in the form of a poll.

4G service would be cool, but won't be a real factor for most for a while. But Dallas will probably get it early if the past is any indication.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I live in Maryland and my AT&T service is fantastic. Besides, I like to talk and surf at the same time, and Verizon won't let me do that.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

It's a hypothetical question regardless of the deal. Still interesting to see what a poll on the subject turns up. If what I've seen from this forum holds true it will lean toward most ppl here staying on AT&T.

11. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

VERIZON FAN BOYS: Can we haz iPhone?
    Verizon CEO: I'm ready to haz iPhone

give it a rest already! 2012

12. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Love my 3GS 32 GB in White, more phone then I need but AT&T service is as good as Verizon in my area, besides there is nothing like the iPhone, Android is close but they have a great OS sitting on hardware they do not control.

I have looked and tried many other phones, HTC makes a good/decent product, but let's face it I use Apple everything so it makes sense for me even if I do not upgrade to the latest iPhone in July, I love my 3GS.

I will be curious to see what the 4.0 OS does on my 3GS though.

13. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

If I could get a consistent 3g speed with AT&T I would be happy.

AT&T has improved its network in some areas, but in others where I live, it will have 5 bars of 3g then edge, then even grps will flash up, then no data... the cell site nearby is so overworked that getting any kind of data in and out of the phone is impossible. I guess 3g on a college campus is too much to ask for? 10,000 students at any one time on iPhones during class :p

It's annoying to have data connections from 20kbps to 2.4mbps on 3g. Usually it hovers around 200kbps on 3g around here, our cell sites are simply overworked.

I would wait to see how Verizon's network is doing after one year and the flood of i devices on its network are sucking up the data. If AT&T had growing pains, I would only see them having this issue also.

I dislike that Verizon coverage here in general is very sucky, AT&T/Cingular have always been the big leaders in my area for coverage, since the beginning of cellphones AT&T was the majority leader. In my group of 10 friends... 9 have AT&T, and thats before the iphone was here. Sure that's a small sample size, but you get the idea.

I live in an area where we have hills and valleys, and in the valleys we have cities with populations from 250,000-50,000 It makes covering the area with good cell coverage difficult.

14. sshams95 macrumors member

Living in Chicago, I deal with about 7-8 dropped calls per week. Being self employed, this does not help my business. I would switch. But I definitely would miss handling data while using voice.

I hope AT&T can continue to improve network quality until this supposed Verizon Iphone comes out.

15. JLatte macrumors 6502

I love my iPhone, but I dumped AT&T because of the service in my area.

16. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

+1....

17. tikidoc macrumors regular

tikidoc

I'm a current Verizon user, and I would be thrilled if they got the iPhone. Nothing against AT&T, and I'm not loyal to Verizon, they just have the best coverage where I need it. I show horses a lot and spend a fair amount of time on the road hauling a trailer in the boonies and Verizon has better coverage where I go. I can't afford to be without a connection if I have trouble. If AT&T had better coverage, I would switch in a minute.

18. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I'll stick with ATT because:

1. ATT has improved drastically in my area and now is much better then Verizon.

2. ATT doesn't make you click through 34280498.5 screens just to pay your bill online

3. Verizon turned me into a creditor and dinged my credit report saying my bill was never paid and never notified me that they were going to do this. (Thankfully I save all my online receipts and bank statement and showed my bill WAS paid on time and money was debited on time. My credit still was dinged for a day though : / )

4. The rest of the world uses GSM networks.

19. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

honestly I think the problems iPhone users are having on AT&T are caused by the iPhone itself....if you don't believe me take your sim out of the iPhone and put it in any other phone...same network sans dropped calls.....having said that as an old Cingular customer that resides in Houston, I've never had problems with this network ANYWHERE I've been: The Entire Gulf Coast, All Of Louisana, MS, AL and Florida...Everywhere in Texas (haven't tried Amirillo) my iPhone worked great in Oakland and Berkely and even while I was in a BART tunnel underground in San Fran...My iphone even worked great in St. Louis while I was atop the Great Arch...can't say that I've ever had a problem...then one day my co worker gets a new iPhone and he and I are on the road headed to a NACADA conference in San Antonio (last september) the ENTIRE time he couldn't get a reliable signal, calls were failing and his data was slooooooowww.... mind you he and I rode in the same car and stayed in the same hotel room..we exchanged iPhones and and put my sim in his phone I then experienced a lack of coverage....

20. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

21. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I actually had a Samsung flip before the iPhone. More dropped calls in 3 months than I had had in several years on Sprint and Verizon. This has a lot to do with why I want a Verizon iPhone.

Admittedly it has improved, but it still doesn't meat my expectations. Really got annoyed sitting on the side of I-35 the other day and my call dropped while trying to call a buddy with a jack to change a tire (seems my dealer of or the previous owner ripped the jack out of my car before selling it to me.)

22. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm sticking with AT&T. Great service where I live. Cheaper monthly bills than Verizon and I keep my rollover minutes.

23. Barbs thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats why I created it. I did not remember ever seeing an actual poll with the threads prior. And with all of the talk recently about Verizon...I thought it would be interesting/fun to see the numbers.

These forums have some of the most petty people that I have ever seen. Its sad actually.

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

25. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You AT&T fanboys are killing ME.