Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you prefer edge to edge, or have a bezel?

• Edge to Edge

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Bezel

Votes: 32 74.4%

• Total voters

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
If it's true that the iPhone 8 will be coming out with an edge to edge screen, do you think that it would transition over to the iPad's too?

I can't be the only one who thinks that an iPad with a screen that literally covers the entire front of the device would be incredibly nice? It will add so much more screen realestate in the same size device.

Is this something you would want, or do out prefer having some bezel to hold the device and not obstruct the screen?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
On something the size of an iPad? I'd prefer a bezel so there's someplace to hold without activating the screen. Something as small as a phone? Edge-to-edge is fine.

Reactions: M. Gustave

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
If it's true that the iPhone 8 will be coming out with an edge to edge screen, do you think that it would transition over to the iPad's too?

I can't be the only one who thinks that an iPad with a screen that literally covers the entire front of the device would be incredibly nice? It will add so much more screen realestate in the same size device.

Is this something you would want, or do out prefer having some bezel to hold the device and not obstruct the screen?
What else can they copy from Samsung

Reactions: baypharm

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
On something the size of an iPad? I'd prefer a bezel so there's someplace to hold without activating the screen. Something as small as a phone? Edge-to-edge is fine.
There actually is a function built into iOS so that you can hold your finger, thumb on the edge of the screen and still can scroll, zoom whatever. Try it.

That said, I'd prefer a bezel anyways. Without it, you'd cover content on the screen.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
There actually is a function built into iOS so that you can hold your finger, thumb on the edge of the screen and still can scroll, zoom whatever. Try it.

That said, I'd prefer a bezel anyways. Without it, you'd cover content on the screen.
True, but without a bezel you'd be way past the edge. But I agree with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.