If it's true...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by moxxham, Jul 11, 2016.

Tags:
?

Would you prefer edge to edge, or have a bezel?

1. Edge to Edge

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  2. Bezel

32 vote(s)
    74.4%
  1. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

If it's true that the iPhone 8 will be coming out with an edge to edge screen, do you think that it would transition over to the iPad's too?

I can't be the only one who thinks that an iPad with a screen that literally covers the entire front of the device would be incredibly nice? It will add so much more screen realestate in the same size device.

Is this something you would want, or do out prefer having some bezel to hold the device and not obstruct the screen?

2. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

On something the size of an iPad? I'd prefer a bezel so there's someplace to hold without activating the screen. Something as small as a phone? Edge-to-edge is fine.

3. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

What else can they copy from Samsung

4. Superrjamz54 macrumors regular

Superrjamz54

When has Sammy got rid off their bezel. It's still there on the s7. You do know that the hardware button is on a bezel right.

5. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

There actually is a function built into iOS so that you can hold your finger, thumb on the edge of the screen and still can scroll, zoom whatever. Try it.

That said, I'd prefer a bezel anyways. Without it, you'd cover content on the screen.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

True, but without a bezel you'd be way past the edge. But I agree with you.

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

An iPad with the same design language as the iPhone 6/6S plus 3D Touch is what I want! Imagine those curved edges in your hands.