If Jobs really wants Touch to be a gaming device

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agkm800, Oct 15, 2009.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

If that's the excuse why no camera for 3G, then, he should at least have added vibrate. I was playing a fishing game today and it's really no fun without vibrate feedback.

No camera because it's a gaming machine, then why no vibrate if it's a gaming machine? What a bs.

2. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Maybe I'm a little out of the loop, but last time I checked, no mainstream portable gaming device had a vibrate feature, expect as a separate add-on.

3. andrew upstairs macrumors 6502

You believed that?

4. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

No. If Steve really wants a PSP-and-DS-killing-iTouch he needs to deliver two things:

1) buttons
    2) better games

Apple should allow third party manufacturers to create add on game controllers. Imagine an iTouch case in two pieces which snaps on, and adds buttons and an external battery source. And once problem 1 has been solved, Apple should have no problem recruiting game developers to start adding more complex buttoned games to the App Store. The iTouch has the potential to take the best of the DS (touch capable) and PSP (power+display) in one ultimate mobile gaming device.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Portable no... but a console called the N64 started the whole rumble thing... I think it should take few years to add rumble to all portable systems....

That said, if Jobs wants the iPod Touch to become a gaming platform then, he really needs many companies to develop games for it (serious games).

6. agkm800 thread starter macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Not even for a nano second. I was just being sarcastic.

7. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

I agree with the snap-on controller for the ipod touch. I thought there were a few companies working on controller-type sleeves for the touch. To me, it doesn't seem that difficult for a company to produce such a product.

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

if u want an EPIC twist, apple must add "play station 3" graphics.......

and a super micro cell gaming processor.......:D;)

9. superspiffy macrumors 6502a

It's not, if Apple would allow it that is. But the entire iPhone OS UI is written around multitouch. Game companies need to be able to mess with the iPhone OS enough to be able to write a buttoned-base environment for their buttoned-based games. This can only happen if Apple gives them that flexibility.

10. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

why are people still ranting on about the camera issue, and what should've been in place of it etc...