If not in pocket, how will you carry your 6+ ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kyor4, Sep 27, 2014.

1. kyor4 macrumors newbie

Holsters, Backpacks, Fanny Packs, oh my!

My 6+ is on its way... not saying it won't fit in my jeans pocket - it may. In the meantime, I'm just curious what other options you guys have entertained or used.

General categories or links to products appreciated.

2. anthonybkny macrumors regular

anthonybkny

same way you would carry an ipad

3. Jazminh macrumors newbie

My bag.
    I wouldn't get a large phone if I intended to carry it in a pocket because it doesn't appear that it would be comfortable. But I will always have a bag of some description on me.

4. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

ipad in a holster? ipad in a fanny pack? You're probably not far off, but clearly the 6+ form factor opens itself to more options.

----------

That's where I've been leaning... but what about when just hitting a bar, dinner, movie, grocery/random small errands? Do you still intend to carry a bag? If so, what kind of bag is it?

5. Jazminh macrumors newbie

I am female so a handbag.
    If I'm going out for dinner a clutch which it will fit in and just to dash out I have always carried a small coin purse, keys and phone in my hand. Never used pockets for my phones even when I had smaller phones.

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

On my car's windshield holder as my previous iPhone 5.

7. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

It fits in the pockets of my shorts and they arn't baggy cargo ones. It's not uncomfortable in them either. I washed my car the other day and had it in my pocket for a good 2 hours. It sticks slightly out of my jeans and my skinny jeans it sticks out a good 2 inches. Can't really sit down in the skinny jeans with the phone in them but it's ok keeping it in the pocket for walking around.

8. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

9. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Should I Murse?!

----------

And when you get out of the car?

----------

Seems less than ideal to not be able to sit down. Have you entertained a hipster fanny pack to go with your hipster jeans?

----------

Have one in mind? I saw this one and looked not bad:
    http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-spinn-case

10. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

Where I got mine from isn't like the one you linked....it's much tougher and personally I think it's better quality and better craftsmanship. The website isn't flashy or anything, but it's 100% handcrafted here in the good 'ol USA by a mom and pops place. Nothing but impressed with mine. Here's the info in post #6 of this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1777358&highlight=holster

Not everyone's cup of tea, but being custom built with nice thick leather and built quickly while being shipped just as fast....these guys will have my business as long as they're in business.

----------

One thing to add is that when you give the dimensions of the phone keep in mind that it will be able to fit those dimensions plus some extra. Being loose it allows for a wider variety of cases that it will accept. I found that it doesn't bounce around and stays nice and snug regardless because you can just close the strap tighter and it will keep the phone in place without issue.

11. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Those do look rugged as hell... Obviously great craftsmanship. Not really my style, but as you can probably tell with my mention of "fanny pack", I'm about ready to throw style out the window.

12. makinbiscuits macrumors member

In my pocket with a case on it. I'm a fat dude and fat dude pants have big pockets. Not worried about it at all.

13. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Man, fat dudes have all the luck

14. d.steve macrumors regular

Would you, could you in a purse? Would you, could you in a murse?
    In a holster, or in a cup holder - with a coaster?
    A fanny pack or in a sack? With a kangaroo on your back?

I do not in pocket iPhone jam.
    I do not like that, Sam-I-am.

15. FireCapt macrumors regular

FireCapt

With a 6+ you can't wear Hipster pants period. I wear regular levis all the time with the phone in my pocket. HAd it for a week now and it;s still flat as a board. :cool::apple:

16. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

how the grinch stole xmas.. except he left all the iPhone 6+'s bc he couldn't figure out how to carry them

17. bludvayne macrumors newbie

bludvayne

Cargo pants and shorts FTW! ("Carpenter" jeans also have a convient side pocket that fits the 6+)

18. deviant macrumors 65816

I wear marlboro classic jeans, not skinny not baggy. Fits ok

19. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya'll are trying to change up my wardrobe...

20. PeteS1963 macrumors member

Front shirt pocket like I've always done with any smartphone. Still works well with the 6 Plus although I also have it in a thin sleeve.

Here is some advice...

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/gallery/2014/sep/24/iphone-6-plus-bending-in-pictures

21. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

22. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

23. Marli macrumors regular

I just put it in my pocket like I did my 5s.. What's the problem??

24. PeteS1963 macrumors member

Yes, it fits OK in some of my jacket inside pockets.

25. kyor4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess the problem is that I was asking for pants pocketable ways to carry it. A lot of people who aren't large males are finding it very uncomfortable to walk or sit in.