If pricing weren't an issue, would you get a PS3, XBox 360, or Wii?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spawn135, Sep 25, 2007.

1. spawn135 macrumors newbie

2. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

SO you can choose only one?....becuase if pricing weren't an issue I'd own all three, lol. ;)

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Exactly :rolleyes: What an utter Oximoron of a question. :confused:

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I assume you mean for whatever reason you could only own one of the 3?

I'd go for a Wii. Between a Wii and a PC I'm completely sorted for fun games and quasi-realistic, physics-fest shooters.

IF you meant would you own all 3? Then I'd go for the ones with a connection available for my TV. Which is just the 360 (lets not use composite :D ).

6. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Between the 360 and the PS3 I think I would still go with a 360 if both were priced the same.

If the three were a gift and I could only choose one and give up the chance to get the others I think I would go with a Wii. Since the console market is flooded with shooters and I have a PC then I don't think I would be missing out on much.

7. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Xbox 360 cause it has the best games (IMO)
    PS3 is good hardware, but i don't like any of the games
    I dont like the Wii that much...

8. Poopface Morty macrumors regular

Poopface Morty

If price weren't an issue, I'd get a 360, but considering price is an issue, I have a Wii right now.

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I suppose a PS3 for me. I like the hardware, I use it as a Blu-Ray player, I use it as a PS2, I am addicted to Warhawk and I prefer Sony franchises like Ratchet & Clank, Wipeout, GT, and Socom.

My Wii is covered in dust until Mario arrives as Metroid ain't my cup of tea and VC games are of little interest to me since I own all the old school games that I wanna play (god bless ebay) or until a star wars lightsabre game comes out :D

I like the 360 but most games on it I can get for my laptop (Bioshock, Mass Effect, Stranglehold) with a better control scheme. It's loud as hell and I'm afraid its gonna break on me during the middle of a game and I will be screwed for a month till the coffin arrives back :p plus the interface kinda bugs me... everything seems hidden away in different menus and has the whole Fisher-Price vibe. Although XBL can't be beat at the moment and it is awesome for playing with friends.

10. Poopface Morty macrumors regular

Poopface Morty

I'm pretty sure one is underway, allowing you and a buddy to duel each other. How well that will actually work remains to be seen.

11. Aranince macrumors 65816

12. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

I already have all three now, so I choose a Wii so that I could give it to my parents since they love Wii Sports.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I would say the PS3....best hardware, blu-ray and games like silent hill, MGS4/online, ICO sequel, SoTC sequel, Sly cooper etc...

I rather have all three like I have right now...so pricing is not an issue.

Bless

14. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

wii for me. the games that appeal to me are all available on or are coming to the wii. zelda, metroid, big brain academy, super mario galaxy, smash bros., wii sports even. i'd never want a 360 (even if money weren't an issue), because of too many hardware failures, and the games just aren't there on a ps3.

15. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

The Wii.

Yup i'll get the wii since its so damn funny, besides I already have the PS3, and the xbox360 is NOT an option, hated the first one (yup bought it and never use it) besides, not one penny to the guys at redmond. Only Halo is cool and I have that for mac soo.... F**k the xbox.

-Victor

16. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Right now I'd get a PS3, because I already have a Wii. :D

17. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I already own all three systems, but if I were to start fresh, I'd buy the Xbox 360, because a. all my friends love Halo, and we play Halo together a lot, so that's obvious, then b. It has the best online network of the three so far, and I don't see Sony surpassing it anytime soon, and c. It has the most games that I actually play.

18. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I've owned all 3 and in the end I kept only the PS3. For me in the end the region free gaming won out over everything else. Plus I love the games, the blu-ray movies, it's a great upscaling DVD player too, the user replaceable hdd kicks ass, oh and yeah finally... WARHAWK!

19. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

The Wii. It's the only one that my girlfriend and I would actually play together.

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Region free games are great. Region lock outs online so that a USA game can only play against USA peeps and European game against Euro peeps is terribly annoying though.

What is a person not allowed to have friends in both territories Sony :rolleyes: ?

Besides why have region free gaming if you smackdown on any Asian store selling games to europe. Utterly stupid thing to do, especially when you allow the same asian stores to ship to the USA ?

Again just silly.... :rolleyes:

21. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

What are you going to use it for? What kind of games do you like?

I have a PS3 and a Wii. The Wii is fun for multi-player party type games. Great for kids, has some decent titles (Zelda). The game makers have abandoned their PS3 and XBOX efforts to follow the money, which is Wii, so some more interesting stuff should pop out over the next year.

If you want online action, especially Halo, XBOX is a good option.

PS3 is great, games are still lacking, but its a great Blu Ray player as well.

22. kjr39 macrumors 6502

360 for me. I really enjoy Live! and the games that are out there for it.

Forza2 is taking all of my spare time right now.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That was unlike you, MRU :eek:

If computers weren't allowed then I'd find it hard to pick between a Wii and 360. The Wii has more games that I would like, but the 360 has Live but (IMO) not as good games. 360 also has the best traditional controller I've used, which after hours of playing games is a very good thing!

24. takao macrumors 68040

takao

a fully loaded gaming PC

but since i guess PCs are excluded and i already own a wii i would choose the 360 because of the better exclusives

sadly the Total War series is not possible on any console..

25. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Wouldn't change a thing.
    (in order of purchase)

1. 360 for Live, Live Arcade, and Gears
    2. Wii for RE4 and potential
    3. Ps3 for GoW3 and WipeOut HD