If this new design is real, black or white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Aug 5, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012

dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I am right now on a white iPhone, but I am tied between going black or white with the new iPhone (aka: "iPhone 5").

I really like the white because to me, it is a throwback to "Pre iPhone" Apple. My old iPods were white, and so was my old iBook G3. My MacBook post iPhone was also white. I'll reiterate what we said in high school with our old iPod Videos, "it's more Apple!" ;-)

However black just looks more professional and refined. 9 times out of 10, I am usually dressed up in work attire, and the black iPhone seems to "match" more, and not only that, but I love when the screen is off on a black iPhone, it just is one big black slab. You can't see the random spots for the sensors, camera, and so on. I like how on the black iPhone, it is all hidden.

So, what color iPhone are you guys going for with this next iPhone- if this two toned stuff is real?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I will always opt for black on the iPhone and iPad

3. pear21 macrumors 6502

pear21

If I get the new iPhone I will probably get black for the reasons you said. It looks more professional and you do not see the sensor or cameras. They look more hidden.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Same with me.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I haven't seen either so I don't know.

My current iPhone is Black, as is my iPad. My next two devices will probably be white for a change of pace.

However white is a pain in the ass to find during release. There wasn't a single White iPhone anywhere when I got my 4S in January. It was just as bad when I got my iPad3 on launch day. White was sold out everywhere.

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Depends what leaks we're going by! If the black is a dark metal, I'll probably get the black. If it's the same silver as the white though, or a middle grey-silver, probably white.

7. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My white 4S is beautiful, but I'm not stuck on black or white. I'd get either, just depends on how I felt the moment I was buying the phone. I think a white iPhone is very "Apple-esque", but black is always going to be the standard that people buy most often. I like having white though, it isn't very common.

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Black for me, it draws less attention. My wife prefers white just because of how it looks. Whatever floats your boat.

9. 725032 Guest

10. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Went for the white last time, will probably try black this time around.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I don't like the white front. I like what Apple did with the 3G/S... black front with white back. If I could get that in the next iPhone, that's what I would do. Otherwise I will probably go back to black.

12. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

White on the 4S and in the rumoured renders for the new iphone look beautiful to me, but I find the white bezel on the front to pop out too much, too distracting. So I'll always opt for black.

13. vampireszombies macrumors 6502

Yup me too. Plus I'm seeing wayy more White iPhones out in the wild nowadays then black ones. I'd like to be a little bit different.

14. hilaile macrumors newbie

hilaile

The white iPhone is good! But, I prefer to like the black iPhone!

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm tired of having black iPhones so I'm getting white this time (especially given that the front of the new iPhone will look essentially the same, just taller).

16. kyellowness macrumors regular

17. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I'll be going with a white one. I think the white on both the iPhone and iPad look much nicer.

18. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

yeah, I'm going with white again; I have the white 4S now.

19. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

What I like about the white iPhone is that the glass on the front screen seem to be floating over the home button which gives it a rather clean, sophisticated look. Also, for some reason, I feel that white is more forgiving when it comes to fingerprints as fingerprints on the white iPhone seem to be less visible than it is on the black.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I went White initially with the 4S and then switched to Black....while I like the Black better overall, the fingerprints are insane. I hardly noticed them on the white version and with black I feel like it constantly needs to be wiped off.

21. party macrumors member

imo White is definitely more beautiful but they're most likely sold out, so I'll probably get black for the new iPhone.

22. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Black is more professional for men in my opinion. Women can go with either. Don't call me sexist or anything. Just what I think.

23. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

♫ It Don't Matter If You're Black Or White ♫

24. skidbubble macrumors 6502

Why must the choices of iPhone always be limited to just black or white? Is there some reason Apple is reluctant or hesitant to try something different? What about a nice grey or silver? iPods were available in a multitude of colors and not limited to black or white.

25. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

Absolutely black. Like you said, it looks more professional. IMO.

----------

+1 Love MJ.