If you are unhappy and don't feel like calling Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Tell them. Nothing worse than complacence. Don't just bitch about it here, LET THEM KNOW!

I love the Iphone 4, the problems it has aren't a deal breaker for me because it's not effecting my usage of this phone. Reading all the complaints makes me wonder if people are actually just moaning, or doing something about it and calling Apple, writing Apple. The only result will come from public pressure and feedback from customers.

If you have the time to post in here then you should be able to fill out this form

If you do write them, post in here. Just curious how many actually take action with their complaints vs. how many just post in forums.

2. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

Are you kidding? If this iPhone caused severe 3rd degree bursn, the fanboys would email SJ and THANK him for the honor of an Apple logo branded into their palms.

IMHO, they're TOO forgiving of Apple.

Let's hope people do actually relate their concerns to Apple CS, though. It's the only way Apple will pursue a serious fix for any defects.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Just called back my rep and he said there is a new document that is Apple's official stance on the matter which was exactly, word-for-word what Boy Genius Report posted.

Where he was previously telling me engineering is working on the problem, he is now telling me it is perfect and there is nothing wrong with it.

Returning it this weekend if there's no fix this week.

4. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I have been emailing them once or twice a day for a week straight

5. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

This is what I wrote to them. "The new iphone 4 design is great. Im a long time Iphone user and love the new phone. Except the new way I have to hold it in order to use it. Ive never had reception issues in my home with any previous iphone. The 4 is unable to make a call unless I hold it in such a way the puts me at danger of dropping it and damaging it. There has been no official statement made by apple addressing this issues. I cannot use the phone as is. I will be retuning it (as will multiple co-workers) this Friday if a statement is not issued and some sort of fix is promised. Sorry it came to this but this is a phone first and foremost and as of right now not a very good one. Thanks for reading."
    Nothing will prob come of this, but never hurts to try.

6. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

Well put, and exactly how I feel. I have a genius appointment on Thursday. No fix by then, it's going back. I will not wait around for apple again as I did with my iPad...

7. samcraig macrumors P6

If the iPhone gave 3rd degree burns and someone wrote Steve about it - his response would be

"Non Issue. New Hand Warming Feature. Enjoy"

8. Airboy98 macrumors member

My response

So I took this opportunity to vent at apple and gave them a little "feedback."

Here is what I typed in the comment section:

Like many, I awaited the launch day of the iPhone 4 on the 24th. Because of the dreadful experience of trying to pre-order an iPhone 4 on both apple.com and att.com, I was stuck without a reservation and had to wait in the non-reservation line. For 9 hours. In the heat. 20 feet from the Apple store entrance the whole time. After waiting in the line since 5 in the morning, I walked out of the Apple store at 2:40 with a smile on my face and the new iPhone in my hand. Little did I know that that smile would be temporary because of all the problems that seem to plague every single iPhone I have come in contact with. I am on my 3rd replacement now (4 iPhones 4s in total including the one I originally got on launch day) and have had to make two inconvenient 20 minute trips back to the Apple store after launch day to get those replacements. Issues ranged from: the reception issue (all of them had this) when touching the bottom left portion of the phone, some scratches/blemishes on the steel frame band, notches on the plastic black parts, and the annoying green splotch in the middle on the camera. All of these were found on "supposedly" new units too. Now I have already made yet ANOTHER genius bar appointment for my 4th replacement and 5th total iPhone 4 unit. I am extremely unhappy with the quality control at Apple and all these major issues that somehow "slipped" by them. The only one I can understand is imperfections on the actual unit because of manufacturing errors. Even so, I am not happy at all about them. I paid for a NEW product and did NOT get my money's worth out of it yet until I receive a near perfect unit.

Now do I expect anything to happen because of my response? Not at all but it does make me feel a bit better :D.

9. jsbaugh macrumors 6502

If you are unhappy with the iphone then TAKE THE DAMN THING BACK. Stop whining like little bit8hes. Go get an Android phone and you can complain on androidforums about how laggy the UI is and how the camera sucks, or maybe how the Apps blow. The reception issue will be the least of your problems.

10. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

Im hoping Something is coming in the next couple days. A statement, an update, something, Throw us an F'N bone. I dont want to return but I WILL!

11. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Awesome.

*high fives those that wrote in

Keep it going!

I should repeat that I am totally enjoying this phone, I really do love it and have no problems with it (so long as I don't cover the seam in low signal areas) but public pressure is what's going to speed the process.

Ignore the customer service ******** they are given to read, that's just damage control until they figure something out.

PR damage control, that's all it is. It does not, IMO, mean they aren't working on something.

12. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

Easy for you to say, your product probably is not defective. It would be different if everyone had the same problem. But alot of people's phones are fine and instead of enjoying them they choose to flame the troublesome people on this forum.

13. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Thanks for providing the link. It saved me from moaning and groaning with my friends and family about the issues I sent in the feedback link. :)

14. kuaiyouming, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  15. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

I agree. This is potentially a very devastating problem for Apple and they're trying to keep it quiet while they scramble to hire additional engineers to fix the problem.

16. kuaiyouming, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  17. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

If you don't like to read complaints about the iPhone 4, then stay out of threads with names like "If you are unhappy and don't feel like calling Apple."

Believe it or not, there are Apple fans who are extremely disappointed in both this issue and in Apple's response to it so far. The MacRumors forums seem like an appropriate place to voice this disappointment. Continued calls to just shut up from people like you are the real waste of bandwidth.

18. ReflexReact macrumors 6502

Well thanks for bringing that form to my attention. I most certainly took the oppertunity to tell these cowboys, that were once a respectable company, what I think.

I made a number of things very clear, although I doubt they'll ever even bother to read.

19. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

+1

20. OutlawImmortal macrumors regular

OutlawImmortal

Ive hated Apple and all it stands for, for many years now, (until the iphone)

Apple hater yet me iphone works perfectly....irony at its best.

course karma will cause me to drop it as soon as I leave my puter and smash it to bits:rolleyes:

21. Qinetic macrumors member

I love these jokes. Hope to see many more of them in the future. :D

22. xaquaticx macrumors regular

+2

23. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

So why is the same thing not extended to people who actually are happy with their iPhone? It's not. You guys who are having issues come and accuse people of lying about their phone working, ETC in threads that people post about how they like their phones.

24. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    just talked with another senior advisor

Just got off the phone with another senior advisor after I complained that the case number that was started last week shows as being closed, even though the senior advisor last week never got back to me as he promised he would. The advisor I just talked to didn't give me any kind of line that suggested they were not working on the connection problems, but in fact stated that my case is still open and that they just do not have a resolution at this time. I didn't press him on the case issue - really just making a point that I still suffer connection problems (ie, losing calls, poor bt connection). Perhaps they are still working on a solution.

25. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Go for it, tell them your happy. I know I did. I told them I am happy with the phone, in fact I love it. However I told them they are handling this situation terribly and leaving a lot of customers concerned and confused and that is not acceptable.

Mine was praise for the product but complaints about how they are communicating with us about valid issues.