If you could have only one - 3G, 32 gigs or 3rd party apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kavika411, May 31, 2008.

?

If only one iPhone improvement was offered at WWDC 08, which would you pick?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2008.
  1. 3G Data Services

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. Capacity increase to 32GB

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. 3rd Party Applications

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Assuming everything else about the iPhone stays the same, and assuming you could only see one improvement rolled out at WWDC, which would you prefer: 3G, 32 gigs, or 3rd party applications?

EDIT: I added a poll for you. --mkrishnan ;)

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I would most definitely want to see 32 GB. 3G technology is nice, but it's overrated. As for 3rd Party Applications, I already have them.

3. Fireman52SFD macrumors member

Keep all of them and give me MMS and Video Recorder

4. neven macrumors 6502a

3rd party apps are definitely coming - no choice there.

3 GB for sure. I'm fine with 8 GB. Heck, I'm fine with 4.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

As 3rd party applications are definitely coming, then I'm assuming that will happen, in which case 3G is better than 32GB.

6. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

If I could only choose one, then it would be 3rd party apps, especially MMS !!! Beings that I don't even have 3g in my state, that wouldn't really matter and I'm going to get the 16gb so no 32gb.

7. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

The apps :) my 16GB does me. Even though my music collection is well over 100 gb I only realistically listen to like 12 at a time anyway, so no problem there =D

Next would be the storage after all and the 3G comes in last. I don't need it at all.

8. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Yeah, 32 gigs would be nice and if that option is available that is what I will buy. I only keep 12 gigs of music on my 16 gig touch and that gets me through the day, I sync it a lot and swap albums out of my collection. I think the cd player in my truck has about 3 hours of use out of the last 3 years

9. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

10. Sonicjay macrumors 6502a

Sonicjay

3G. Sometimes EDGE is fast, most times it's terribly slow, but whatever; the main problem I have is not being able to get calls when EDGE is active. There's times when I need to check my email real quick, but am also waiting for a call and am scared to check the damn mail because I might miss the call.. holy last century dial up scenario..

11. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

12. mark34 macrumors 6502a

3G, no question. I don't travel from hotspot to hotspot. Edge... no way man.

13. mark34 macrumors 6502a

besides, most 3rd party apps will be pretty lame without 3G (of course only ones that require web based interaction, but the most useful ones probably will)

14. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I'm not sure about that.

15. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

what's the point of mms. you can email your picture to other iphone address or email addresses. MMS is dead.

16. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Most people don't have iPhones, and some people want to send their pictures to their friends' mobiles.

17. atluten macrumors 6502

I'd love to see the applications, which would do a lot to expand what I could do with the device.

18. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Unfortunately, I can't play by the rules - without both 3G and third-party apps, I wouldn't buy an iPhone. I've already got a 3G phone (Helio Ocean), I can't go back to the double-dialup speed that Edge is. And third-party apps are why I want the iPhone rather than other phones like the Ocean 2.

19. neven macrumors 6502a

Absolutely true and valid. However, Apple is banking on the prediction that your friends *will* get an email-capable phone soon. Hey, did you know Apple sells one?

At the risk of bringing up the floppy drive thing once again, this is exactly what was said then. "But how will I share files with my friends and colleagues? This is ridiculous! Do they at least sell an external floppy drive?" Sure enough, it *was* a genuine problem for some people for a while. And Apple lost no sleep over it.

20. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yes this is why I feel Apple won't implement MMS. I really, really want it but I guess I want the iPhone more...

To the OP - I guess I would take 32GB. Even though 3G is rolled out in my area there's wifi everywhere.

21. amarcus macrumors 6502

Re: OP's question

I'd go with 3G. My reasoning: I'm fine rotating my media collection (besides I never listen to more than 10gig of music at a time) so 32gig is out. 3rd party apps are a nice touch... but theres always jailbreaking :D

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

3G absolutely, for surfing and calls at the same time.

I can't think of any critical apps I need besides Safari and phone.

23. mariokarter macrumors member

64 gigs hands down, everything else is just icing on the cake. memory is important.

24. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, we're getting at least two of those three soon enough, but if I absolutely had to choose, probably apps.

25. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

if I had to pick one it would be 3rd party apps, I think there will be some very cool apps that are released quick and am looking forward to the new possibilities.

But I think all 3 are going to be announced!