If you could only receive one TV channel...

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
What would it be, and why?

You would cease to get any other channels.

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
BBC One. They produce a lot of daytime junk, but some of the prime time shows are excellent (like Dragon's Den and The Apprentice). Plus can't afford to miss F1!

No ads is nice too.

ikeer

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2012
BBC One. They produce a lot of daytime junk, but some of the prime time shows are excellent (like Dragon's Den and The Apprentice). Plus can't afford to miss F1!

No ads is nice too.
the same to me !

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Since cable allowed channels to split into specialties (news, sports, food, etc.), I can't imagine getting only one.

So if I had to, I'd probably go with CBS. The old-time networks still do a little bit of everything. I would get news, drama, comedy, and AFC football.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
I'd give the nod to either BBC Two (or quite possibly BBC Four) over One. One's too dumbed down for the mainstream.

There was a time when I would've said Channel 4, but over the years it's struggled with it's vitality and relevance.

No ads is nice too.
Except for their own products of course. ;)

Quadpattie

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Comedy Central, mainly to watch Friends and Two and a half men. Although the show is not the same without Charlie Sheen.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
If I could get BBC1, no commercials, in would START watching TV again. :D

We used to have one too, CBC, and a TV license also to pay for it, back in the 50's. ;)

mooblie

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
The Highlands, Scotland
+1 for BBC4

Intelligent, well-supported, well-researched, well-presented programming for a non-trash audience.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour (link might not work outside UK)

It's about the only TV channel I watch anyway. I guess it's a perk here in UK, where we have the obligatory Licence Fee to pay for the BBC. (That's the theory, anyway.)

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
CBC for the National (national nightly news), and the Hockey. Actually, we technically we don't have any TV any more. When we moved to the island we never bothered getting cable. The National and the Hockey we watch over the internet. CBC actually puts a fair amount of it's programming on the 'net. Shows, news, radio, etc.

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
This is a tough one. ESPN is definitely on the top of my list. The History Channel would be a close second but ESPN it is. Can't live without my sports.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.