Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Thinkpad X301.

As fast as the 15" MBP (same processor, etc.) and has the same resolution as the 15" standard display (and it's matte to boot).

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2009
ANYTHING that wasn't part of the "HP" line of laptops. Ironically, my mom and dad have a HP tower that was offered at a discount to them from the place my dad bought the laptop from.

deeesea

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2010
sorry, but aren't macs technically "PC"s as well? I mean since when did PC refer to "windows"? lol by just saying "PC" and referring to it as a windows computer automatically implies that Windows has won as the number 1 operating system of choice for those who own personal computers. But I digress, if i didn't have my MBP, i'd probably be rocking a Alienware M11x, decent screen size (i personally think the 13 inch is the best screen size, but 11 is good too) and great portability (I'm male so an extra 5 pounds in my campus backpack won't murder me)

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Mac: Macbook Pro (or if its a laptop a Macbook Air)
Non Mac: Asus. They make the best Windows PC's hands down. I've never had to fix a single one.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
ANYTHING that wasn't part of the "HP" line of laptops.

I just had to do a full restore on a friends HP laptop tonight. Unreal. They're so much worse then they used to be. After the installation there were so many crap pop ups (HP Total Care Advisor, HP Printing Assistant, Windows Defender, Windows Security Center, UAC, HP Wireless Assistant, Norton" the list when on and on!

Needless to say three hours later all the **** is uninstalled and its restored. I don't miss Windows one bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.