If you don't get the X on launch day?

Will you be either:

• Still ordering it?

Votes: 87 61.3%
  • Wait to get it later?

Votes: 25 17.6%
  • Buy a different iPhone or some other phone altogether?

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Steal it from somoeone who has it (JUST KIDDING!!!!)

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
If i dont see Available pickup on order night then i skip wait in line also
cause result both in 1 ....

no stock on preorder is no stock in launch day inline then

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
I’ll stick around and wait for it I guess, but my 7+ is literally barely functional at this point. Screen is really broken, front camera doesn’t work, LCD is breaking more everyday with it frequently clicking random things, and the worst is my phone dies ifcliterally off of a charger for more then like 30-45 minutes.

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
+1...lining up at local Apple store too.
+1

Same.

I'm not actually going to deal with the pre-order stuff tomorrow.

Next Thursday, going to pack some stuff in a backpack early in the morning, work, and then head out to the closest Apple Store around 8-9pm. Could recharge my phones at my parent's home.

If I don't get one at all, life goes on. It's not life or death. Move on. Get on with my life.

C'est la vie. :cool:

protoxx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2013
Dr. Peter Venkman: Apple is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.

Tim: What do you mean, "biblical"?

Dr. Raymond Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.

Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.

Dr. Raymond Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!

Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

DDustiNN

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2011
+1

Same.

I'm not actually going to deal with the pre-order stuff tomorrow.

Next Thursday, going to pack some stuff in a backpack early in the morning, work, and then head out to the closest Apple Store around 8-9pm. Could recharge my phones at my parent's home.

If I don't get one at all, life goes on. It's not life or death. Move on. Get on with my life.

C'est la vie. :cool:
Why do all of that? The online pre-orders are so much less hassle. It takes all of 2-3 minutes and you’re done.

Juan007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Not an option, does not compute. You might as well ask "what will you eat for breakfast tomorrow if the universe ceases to exist". I WILL get getting an X on launch day, you can bank on it.

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68020
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
I'll be f pissed. Like really really pissed.

Waiting since years, then at keynote, another delay for 7 weeks. I can be patient, but not cool if one is not able to get on nov 3

mebehere

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
I’ll stick around and wait for it I guess, but my 7+ is literally barely functional at this point. Screen is really broken, front camera doesn’t work, LCD is breaking more everyday with it frequently clicking random things, and the worst is my phone dies ifcliterally off of a charger for more then like 30-45 minutes.
I gotta tell ya, I had no intention of upgrading my 6 to iOS 11. But... I had a few adult beverages and did it anyway. The only problem I’m having is a slight slowdown in app openings. Everything else seems ok. I think your 7 must be defective.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
If I get a delivery date other than launch day, it will depend on how long the wait is. If it's a couple of weeks, no problem.

Disclaimer: This is intended as a serious reply. Thank you.

Reactions: Relentless Power

santela

macrumors regular
May 15, 2017
Damn, y'all are obsessed.
I personally can never wait on the street all night on a cold November night just so I can be one of the first people to have this new piece of tech. If I can't delay satisfaction for a few days or a couple of weeks I'd rather pay a scalper than waiting overnight.
But hey, more power to you guys.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
For The iPhone X, it will be. In my opinion, this is going to be the biggest launch since the first generation iPhone.
What’s my time worth? More than camping out for a phone. I think it’s kinda pathetic, but to each their own.

Needless to say, I won’t be camping out.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
What’s my time worth? More than camping out for a phone. I think it’s kinda pathetic, but to each their own.

Needless to say, I won’t be camping out.
Neither will I. But I understand for those who do you have the time and want the experience. Because sometimes that's what it's all about, is the experience for something that they have a passion for, which clearly is this new iPhone X.

isaac123

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2015
I gotta tell ya, I had no intention of upgrading my 6 to iOS 11. But... I had a few adult beverages and did it anyway. The only problem I’m having is a slight slowdown in app openings. Everything else seems ok. I think your 7 must be defective.

Get it replaced at the Apple store, it’s barely a year old if you bought it at launch.