Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Hi

If you Don't. Like IOS 6 do NOT upgrade. Has I am finding a lot of user that are upgrading too IOS 6 and a few hrs later they are wanting too downgrade back too IOS 5.1.1 and they find out they can't do it

All so if you have a IPhone 3GS or. IPhone 4 plzs really think about upgrading. Be for you do it. Has you can not downgrade back once. You have upgrade too IOS 6

All so learn too read the list of what you are Geting be for you upgrade many are upgrade and Not reading. The list you are not Geting all of the 200 new things on iPad 2 iPhone 3GS iPhone 4

Think be for you upgrade

Last edited:

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
How are you supposed to know if you like it or don't like it without upgrading first and experiencing it for yourself?

The fact that Apple does not allow people to downgrade their own phones is inexcusable, really.

-- Nathan

snow755

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
How are you supposed to know if you like it or don't like it without upgrading first and experiencing it for yourself?

The fact that Apple does not allow people to downgrade their own phones is inexcusable, really.

-- Nathan

No one seem too do the reviews and look at the list be for. They upgrade has they find out they are not Geting all the 200 new things

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Reviews can only go so far... you can't beat hands on usage.
Seriously. Did you ever think to yourself, "When I buy my next car, I am going to limit myself to reading about it and won't bother with a test drive"? Of course not.

-- Nathan

jollyreaper

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2011
Hi

If you Don't. Like IOS 6 do NOT upgrade. Has I am finding a lot of user that are upgrading too IOS 6 and a few hrs later they are wanting too downgrade back too IOS 5.1.1 and they find out they can't do it

All so if you have a IPhone 3GS or. IPhone 4 plzs really think about upgrading. Be for you do it. Has you can not downgrade back once. You have upgrade too IOS 6

All so learn too read the list of what you are Geting be for you upgrade many are upgrade and Not reading. The list you are not Geting all of the 200 new things on iPad 2 iPhone 3GS iPhone 4

Think be for you upgrade

I'm telling you, Siri is not ready for dictating long posts.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
ios 6 is fine generally, nothing can prepare you for maps though, you would not believe the reviews unless you tried it yourself.

Having tried it on another phone, not upgrading my 4

Renzatic

Suspended
Sage advice.
arms.gif

Oh another note, if you don't like mayonnaise, quit eating the stuff right out of the jar.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Seriously. Did you ever think to yourself, "When I buy my next car, I am going to limit myself to reading about it and won't bother with a test drive"? Of course not.

-- Nathan

Isn't that what I said? I.e., you can't beat hands on experience.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
It would be so much nicer if Apple would have a simple way to allow you to revert back to the previous version of IOS; then you could try the new one and if you didn't like it easily back up.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
It would be so much nicer if Apple would have a simple way to allow you to revert back to the previous version of IOS; then you could try the new one and if you didn't like it easily back up.

Originally, it used to be easy to downgrade. Apple deliberately started blocking people from downgrading because it was being used to jailbreak iDevices. I think the carriers raised a hue because once you jailbreak, you can unlock, then there goes the carriers' subsidy.

mykelala01

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
Hi

Think be for you upgrade

I suggest that if you are upgrading from these device. You do a clean install method, rather than doing, a over the air update. Then setting your phone as new. Don't restore from backups... make sure you back up your contacts thru iCloud so you don't loose your contacts. Then download your apps manually; so take this opportunity for spring cleaning, download only the "Apps" you need. I think my 3GS run better on IOS 6 it is more responsive and browsing with safari seems responsive.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
Is it wrong of me to read this with a half second delay in between each word?

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Since most if you are going back and forth about nothing here. Can anyone tell me how to have my passport set up with all my apps at once like on the commercial preview?

rajivvarma

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2008
I have my 4S on 5.1.1 still. The only problem is that it has decided to download the iOS 6 update in case I want to update it. So, I've lost 1GB of space on my 4S without any way of reclaiming it.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Hi

Of course, this makes sense. But how can one know they don't like iOS6 until they've upgraded? Also, to those who aren't so tech savvy, does the iPhone not 'force' the upgrade on the user?

A lot of my friends and, this evening, my sister have upgraded and quickly fallen out of love with the iPhone. Seems that iOS6 may be a bit of a stinker.

----------

I'm sorry, sir. Based on your language skills, you should really be using an Android based device.

I'd like to see you partake in a forum using the OP's native language - at least he has made the effort to learn a foreign language to such a high level. I applaud him, I feel sorry for you.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Hi

Think be for you upgrade

LOL! This guy is great, too funny! Be for I read I was bad mood, now good mood.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.