If you don't like IOS 6 Don't upgrade

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by snow755, Sep 24, 2012.

1. snow755, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012

snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

Hi

If you Don't. Like IOS 6 do NOT upgrade. Has I am finding a lot of user that are upgrading too IOS 6 and a few hrs later they are wanting too downgrade back too IOS 5.1.1 and they find out they can't do it

All so if you have a IPhone 3GS or. IPhone 4 plzs really think about upgrading. Be for you do it. Has you can not downgrade back once. You have upgrade too IOS 6

All so learn too read the list of what you are Geting be for you upgrade many are upgrade and Not reading. The list you are not Geting all of the 200 new things on iPad 2 iPhone 3GS iPhone 4

Think be for you upgrade

2. Ripcord macrumors newbie

3. NathanA macrumors 6502a

How are you supposed to know if you like it or don't like it without upgrading first and experiencing it for yourself?

The fact that Apple does not allow people to downgrade their own phones is inexcusable, really.

-- Nathan

4. snow755 thread starter macrumors 6502a

snow755

No one seem too do the reviews and look at the list be for. They upgrade has they find out they are not Geting all the 200 new things

5. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Reviews can only go so far... you can't beat hands on usage.

6. NathanA macrumors 6502a

Seriously. Did you ever think to yourself, "When I buy my next car, I am going to limit myself to reading about it and won't bother with a test drive"? Of course not.

-- Nathan

7. jollyreaper macrumors regular

I'm telling you, Siri is not ready for dictating long posts.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

ios 6 is fine generally, nothing can prepare you for maps though, you would not believe the reviews unless you tried it yourself.

Having tried it on another phone, not upgrading my 4

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Sage advice. [​IMG]

Oh another note, if you don't like mayonnaise, quit eating the stuff right out of the jar.

10. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Isn't that what I said? I.e., you can't beat hands on experience.

11. NathanA macrumors 6502a

I was agreeing with you, and then adding my own emphatic flair for OP's benefit. :)

-- Nathan

12. old-wiz macrumors G3

It would be so much nicer if Apple would have a simple way to allow you to revert back to the previous version of IOS; then you could try the new one and if you didn't like it easily back up.

13. Streetrocket macrumors newbie

i should have upgrade the new iPad first before i did it to the iPhone... darn..

14. Stella, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012

Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Ah, sorry, my apologies

15. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Originally, it used to be easy to downgrade. Apple deliberately started blocking people from downgrading because it was being used to jailbreak iDevices. I think the carriers raised a hue because once you jailbreak, you can unlock, then there goes the carriers' subsidy.

16. mykelala01 macrumors 6502

mykelala01

I suggest that if you are upgrading from these device. You do a clean install method, rather than doing, a over the air update. Then setting your phone as new. Don't restore from backups... make sure you back up your contacts thru iCloud so you don't loose your contacts. Then download your apps manually; so take this opportunity for spring cleaning, download only the "Apps" you need. I think my 3GS run better on IOS 6 it is more responsive and browsing with safari seems responsive.

17. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Is it wrong of me to read this with a half second delay in between each word?

18. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Since most if you are going back and forth about nothing here. Can anyone tell me how to have my passport set up with all my apps at once like on the commercial preview?

19. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

the issue is that people install it to try it out before understanding what the upgrade is.

20. jollyreaper macrumors regular

In a world where things "just work," they shouldn't have to.

21. jollyreaper macrumors regular

Agreed. That's the difference between serving the hobbyist and the broader markets. Hobbyists like tinkering, everyone else just wants it to work.

22. RNVarma macrumors regular

I have my 4S on 5.1.1 still. The only problem is that it has decided to download the iOS 6 update in case I want to update it. So, I've lost 1GB of space on my 4S without any way of reclaiming it.

23. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

There was a rep in the local Apple Store telling people to not upgrade.

24. tekno macrumors 6502a

Of course, this makes sense. But how can one know they don't like iOS6 until they've upgraded? Also, to those who aren't so tech savvy, does the iPhone not 'force' the upgrade on the user?

A lot of my friends and, this evening, my sister have upgraded and quickly fallen out of love with the iPhone. Seems that iOS6 may be a bit of a stinker.

----------

I'd like to see you partake in a forum using the OP's native language - at least he has made the effort to learn a foreign language to such a high level. I applaud him, I feel sorry for you.

25. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

LOL! This guy is great, too funny! Be for I read I was bad mood, now good mood.