Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Ok so I know I said I wasn't going to do it but I just couldn't stop thinking about it and I did it! I bought a $500 apple watch SS on swappa with applecare+ until 9/2017. Only been used for a few weeks. Incredible deal. Now to sell mine for $350 and I'm good to go. It's a 42mm silver sport with Applecare so it shouldn't be on the market for too long.

Can't wait to get my stainless apple watch. It'll go beautifully with my 3rd party bands.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I like my sports watch, I don't know if I would. I think the prospect of incurring scuffs/scratches on the SS model is such that it would really bother me.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I like my sports watch, I don't know if I would. I think the prospect of incurring scuffs/scratches on the SS model is such that it would really bother me.
That's certainly a concern of mine. But I just really like the look of it over the sport watch. And with AppleCare+ I couldn't pass this deal up. Now I'll be on edge though until mine is sold for the money I want.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
That's certainly a concern of mine. But I just really like the look of it over the sport watch. And with AppleCare+ I couldn't pass this deal up. Now I'll be on edge though until mine is sold for the money I want.
I've had my SS since early May and it does get minor scratches on the SS but you can't see them unless you get up close and stare. It's easy to buffer them out as well.

I have not been gentle with mine at all. Working on the yard, mowing and going under trees and pine trees, golfing, swimming, running and lifting weights. I've banged it on doors and tables and nothing but super minor scratches and I feel safe with the harder glass. Plus the band choices is limitless.

I think you made the right choice as it also looks professional. Of all the sports models, I do like the space gray.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Update: Sold my Sport on Swappa for $360. After swappa, paypal, and shipping fees I'm left with $330. Much cheaper than selling on ebay. All in all, this upgrade cost me $170. I'm sure it's worth it though.

Applenoob34

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2014
I've had my sgs since launch day. I wouldn't have upgraded at this point because of the rumors floating around they'll be releasing a new watch late 2016. If I was going to upgrade, it would've been in the early days when it was first released. I also got off the "s" cycle when I went to the 6+. The big upgrades seemed to always come on the non s cycles. It's rolling the dice at this point, but that's half the fun in getting new gadgets.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I just might go for that deal. Hard decision, purely on aesthetics alone.

You know, really, I want both! :) I'm liking this watch more than I thought I would.

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
I just might go for that deal. Hard decision, purely on aesthetics alone.....
I'm liking this watch more than I thought I would.
Same here, I love the watch. It's just with the Sport sometimes I feel like it looks nice and other times I feel like it looks a little toyish and I haven't been able to shake that feeling in the 5 months I've owned it. Meantime, I can't stop starring at photos of the stainless and marveling at how much nicer it really looks. And I have a third party stainless band that it will look great with, along with my knockoff leather loop bands.

The way I see it I tried out the watch concept with the entry level model, decided that I love it and am now upgrading to a more premium version. And to top it all off I ended up paying a little less doing it this way than if I bought a stainless watch from the very beginning. So it works out perfectly, and the Applecare+ gives me peace of mind. The Watch I bought was purchased in September so it's pretty much new.

Reactions: bronzi

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
The deed is done. Loves it. And it looks great with my knockoff leather loop

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    762.2 KB · Views: 102
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.