Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solarisc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Can you return it to the store??

Could you let me know asap? Since i wanted to try out some apps to decide to keep it or not. So far, i can't do anything, no java, no flash, etc etc

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
Hook ur iPad up to iTunes and press restore. That will put it back to factory settings,and it will erase all media and settings. So back up ur stuff if u plan on getting a new iPad.

solarisc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Btw, is there any apps i can use to open Hulu?

That is probably the main reason i need the ipad

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
A million what?

LOL! That was one of my favorite things to do back in the day when I lived in Chicago. I'd walk past a bum who would ask "Hey buddy, got a quarter?" and the only difference between me and him was I'd bathed a little more recently so I'd answer "A quarter of what?". Without exception they would stop to think about it and I kept walking. Good times. :D

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Not worth jailbreak yet. I did mine last week and was bored in 10 min and restored. Everything is for the iPhone and background apps are sloppy. It's only worth it if there is a specific thing YOU want to do and can't and is in dire need.

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
Not worth jailbreak yet. I did mine last week and was bored in 10 min and restored. Everything is for the iPhone and background apps are sloppy. It's only worth it if there is a specific thing YOU want to do and can't and is in dire need.

True. Jailbreaking has never really appealed to me because I always jump on the latest firmware updates right away and don't want to sync and resync my device contents with every restore. But lately there's one feature that made me wanna give it a spin, although I haven't yet. It's the mounting of external drives using the camera connection kit. But since my 64gb is not even halfway yet, I'll just put that in the backburner. We'll see if I'll give in after the 4.0 OS update this fall.

Shymcfly

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Btw, is there any apps i can use to open Hulu?

That is probably the main reason i need the ipad

Yes there is a jailbreak app called ihulu but it's very limited you can get south park, familyguy, the simpsons, and mondomini shows. It does work well for those mentioned. You can stream or download but the episodes are numbered instead of named, and they all get jumbled into the same folder when downloading. So finding the one you want to watch is a bother.

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
dissdnt said:

Ya, I did the same thing. I jailbroke it and it was cool to be able to run apps in the background, but it was so buggy and apps were crashing constantly and I was getting other weird stuff happening. I restored it shortly thereafter. I think I can wait until the official multitasking comes out.

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
The backgrounding isn't sloppy. Apparently setting it up is too complicated for you two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.