If You Moved From Jailbreak To iOS 7...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Garrett67, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Garrett67 macrumors regular

Do you regret it , since you can't go back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

You can go back as long as you saved your SHSH blogs

3. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

Not entirely true.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I was told the whole point of saving SHSH blobs was to be able to downgrade later.

Then I asked how, and people said you couldn't even if you had SHSH.

5. viperGTS macrumors 68000

SHSH used to work until Apple updated the hardware, beginning with the iPad 2, and later iPhone 4S, at which point they became useless. The only exception I can think of for A5 devices and later is when you want to re-restore any iOS 5.x to another 5.x as long as you had blobs for both firmwares, and as long as you didn't update to your current firmware OTA.

This was only possible because of an exploit that was discovered in all versions of iOS 5. It was fixed in iOS 6, and thus the re-restore method no longer works. In addtion, since there is no bootrom exploit for A5 and later devices, SHSH blobs don't work for them.

I believe if a bootrom exploit is discovered for the A5/A5X/A6/A6X chips, then SHSH blobs will be useful again. But I can't be too certain of that.

6. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

I don't really miss the jailbreak. iOS 7 is basically a bundle of about 20 of the best jailbreak tweaks as seems to be standard with each iOS update.

Only things I really miss are Adblock, iFile, and Browser Chooser. Aside from that pretty much every jailbreak tool I used have been bundled into iOS 7.

All that being said I'm sure I'll probably jailbreak again if an iOS 7 jailbreak ever comes around. Jailbroken is always better then stock.

7. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

Not so far! I'd like the ability to change the toggles in the control centre and winterboard to change some of the icons. Apart from that, it pretty much does what I want it to.

8. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Not really. Quick reply and push tone are the only tweaks I miss. Esp. push tones, nothing sucks more than using apps like Facebook and having it be completely silent.

9. msahadi macrumors member

The only thing I miss is zephyr. I keep pulling up control center.

10. Garrett67 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I think I would miss Activator and most likely, quick reply

11. Ram27 macrumors member

No.

Everything I JBd for is officially supported in iOS 7.

Only thing is I have a fake location thing on my iPad to watch baseball. Might have to wait for a JB for 7 so I can keep using that.

Which sort of sucks because it's the newest device I have and it's supposed to support all the features fully and nicely unlike my iPhone.

12. wellok macrumors 6502

I only really miss Adblock but I don't regret it.

13. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

You CAN go back. The 6.1.3(or 6.1.4) firmware is still being signed by Apple and as long as the firmware is being signed you can restore to it without the normal shah blob song and dance. Granted, since A5 devices don't have a jailbreak on 6.1.3/6.1.4 you would restore back to a device you can't jailbreak, but that was already the case with ios7 anyway.

Personally I have an iPhone 4 so I have already tried it, restored back, and re-jailbroken.

14. tygrubb macrumors regular

Quick Reply, Activator (to controls audio tracks using volume buttons), and f.lux. I do regret losing those, but made a conscious decision to jump on the beta bandwagon again. QR will probably makes its appearance in stock if Mavericks is any indication, and I wear orange goggles at night so the loss of f.lux isn't that dire. But boy oh boy, do I miss Activator something fierce.

15. Mosi macrumors regular

Overall I am pretty happy with the decision. The only thing I miss is quick reply on BiteSMS. Man I really miss quick reply but I am hopeful that Apple will add it before they launch iOS 7. It's already in Mavericks so you have to think its coming.

16. Garrett67 thread starter macrumors regular

I have that on my iPhone and my iPad but I would be able to still use it on my iPad to watch baseball games. So, I understand what you're saying

17. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

My iPhone 5 is jailbroken, but I had an 4S I was no longer using, so I loaded iOS 7 onto the 4S. After playing with it for about a day or two, I've decided that my 5 will stay on iOS 6 until iOS 7 is jailbroken, and I may not upgrade even then.

Primary reason is that I find the new UI hard to see and use, but jailbroken tweaks are also much better than iOS 7. I think NCSettings icons are more elegant looking than control center, and I like being able to pick and choose which toggles to have. Background Manager is finally maturing into a great and flexible multitasker. And I love being able to put five icons into the dock, and I also have a tweak that lets folders open up to full screen.

So overall, for me, iOS 7 doesn't come close to replacing half of all my jailbreak tweaks. It's funny, because iOS 6 had just enough new functionality that I was willing to give up jailbreak for them, but all iOS 7 seems to do so far is to try to replace jailbreak tweaks and not do as good a job at it. This might change when new apps designed for iOS 7 start arriving, But as far as the operating system itself, IMO jailbroken iOS 6 trumps iOS 7.

18. Garrett67 thread starter macrumors regular

I meant that you can't go back to being jailbroken.

19. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

To be perfectly honest, the only thing I miss about my jailbreak is localiapstore, but I've still got it on my iPad so I can always iFunbox save files between the two if I want to.

My iPhone is great on iOS7, but my iPad I'm not so sure about. I really like being able to play 720p MKVs natively with hardware decoding, using XBMC. I don't think I'm willing to part with that, unless the new iMac I get whenever they update them ends up being able to transcode the files to M4Vs much faster than my aging 2.8GHz C2E iMac does. It takes me like 12 hours to do a 2h movie (well, 1080p but still) ... If the new iMac can cut through them in less than 2 hours or so, I could see myself ditching the jailbreak.

20. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

I sorely miss the following:

1) Activator which allows me to start/pause/skip/go back a track in music player.
    2) Landscape mode in Facebook
    3) Copy text of post in Facebook
    4) Extended toggles, and easy access to bluetooth device connection
    5) Responsiveness (iOS7 keyboard is rather slow).

I hope jailbreak of iOS7 will happen soon.

21. taedouni macrumors 65816

22. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

1, with Subler or MP4Tools (the two best remuxers) remuxing those files from MKV's to MP4's could be done in a fraction of time (5-20 minutes for a full-length movie, depending on your desktop)

2, I don't recommend XBMC for MKV playback any more (unlike, say, a year ago). AppStore apps like nPlayer have absolutely excellent MKV support - today, they play back hi-res MKV's much better on an iPad than XBMC.

----------

It's strange Apple still hasn't bothered adding anything like f.lux to the OS. IIRC, 4.x Androids (or Samsung's own devices?) have screen temperature setter facilities. Furthermore, f.lux has always been one of the most popular JB tools, of which Apple surely know.

23. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Maybe iOS7 will have an option to remove the annoying 'Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2' message no user of Tapatalk seems to be able to remove.

24. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13