Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

If you own a gold iPhone 5S do you have a case?

• Yes

Votes: 148 52.5%
  • No

Votes: 100 35.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 34 12.1%

• Total voters

jmann

macrumors 604
No case. I just have a small hardware attachment that allows me to hook a hand strap to my phone so it is safe if it slips. I also feel more secure about it when using it as a camera.

Attachments

• strap.png
    strap.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 967

OT2000

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
California
Never have, not about to begin with a Gold iPhone.

If you're gonna case it, I think black looks better, but I'll scratch my head if anyone goes to great lengths for Gold only to put an obnoxious case on it. Is it like your wife's boobs, where you only want YOU to see them in the privacy of your own home?

Last edited:

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Anyone try covering their iPhone with the plastic film cover?

Haven't done it yet but back when I had the palm pre I had a phantom skin on it that was perfectly clear so I didn't notice it until I dropped it and the film was scuffed on a corner but the phone stayed damage free. I am worried about the edge of the 5s with that type of film/skin.

ThePeacemaker02

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I bought a clear case for whenever my phone actually comes in. I just wanted enough that if it did fall it should save the phone from cracking.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Yes...I like cases, but thin ones. The gold 5S looks great in the brown leather Apple case...just a hint of gold highlights and a very 'executive' looking phone.

5Scase.jpg

Ruckus12

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2008
i bought bodyguardz pure screen protector and ordered a power support air jacket clear for my gold

joshdammit

Suspended
Mar 6, 2013
I like how the iphone feels without a case, but i get a case just for the gym since I know I drop the phone when I bench :(

I know exactly how you feel. When I sit down in my creepy living room with my very own personal bucket of fried chicken, I like to put a case and screen protector on my iPhone so I don't grease it up like I am to my arteries.

bielen

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
New Jersey
Yes...I like cases, but thin ones. The gold 5S looks great in the brown leather Apple case...just a hint of gold highlights and a very 'executive' looking phone.

My wife has the same combination of a Gold iPhone in the Apple brown leather case. It looks really nice.

Mosi

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
The Nations Capital
Just ordered the Neo Hybrid EX Slim Metal bumper case in Champagne from Spigen. I also have a clear full body ghost armor skin installed.

Link: http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-5s/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-metal.html

This looks great and is exactly what I have been looking for.

I really love how the phone feels without a case and I have square trade but there are some times when you just need a little protection and this looks like it might work.

Thanks for sharing

Allport1954

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Are the edges on that case metal or painted plastic???

Painted plastic

From Spigen's website: "The Neo Hybrid EX Slim is composed of UV coated hard polycarbonate frame combining onto the high polymer coated soft premium soft frame bumper."

Even though the case is showing a Mid-October ship date, I just received a USPS shipment notification. I can report back on the quality of the case sometime late next week.

rawCpoppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010

rawCpoppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
I'm curious if it will impact reception

From what I have read in the Sector 5 thread in the accessories section on here is that it doesn't affect reception much if at all due to spacers preventing metal to metal contact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.