Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which one would you give up?

• Total voters

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I actually thought about this but I'm locked in a Contract, besides I'm using the Personal Hotspot feature.

TBH, I can live without a Phone since I have the iPad for Texting, FaceBook, Twitter, E-Mail and even Private Messages on Forums.

X2468

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Please, vote. Much appreciated. :)

Kudos for a great question & poll.

I've always found it interesting that people actually compare these two. Sure they run the same OS, & are touchscreens, but that's where the similarity stops.

What comes to mind is people who cannot easily afford both are the ones that bring these two (designed for two different purposes) together into the same category.

I have both and if forced to choose, I'd keep my iPhone and dump the iPad. I don't use it that much anyway.

Zeos

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2008
I'm giving up my iPhone this summer once the contract is up. Hardly use it anymore except for the actual phone feature.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Interesting, I always thought that I couldn't live without my iPhone, but honestly I hardly use the thing anymore. If I was getting rid of one today it would be the iPhone.

epictempo

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
No Contest, iPad.

Just sold my MBA11 and iP4, the iPad2 has combined the best of both worlds for me. Browsing the web is so much more pleasant without flash ads and the iPhone just feels like a chore with constant zooming and squinting.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Great thread and a tough choice. Being that I have a 3G iPad, I could live with a dumb phone and my iPad as a combo easier than with my iPhone by itself. You get so accustomed to some things, you wonder how you got along before without them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.