Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I'd offer a built in SD slot. USB Support for looking at pictures on pen sticks.

Oh, and release iBootcamp for iPhone and iPad. Want to try Android or WP7 on your device? Try iBootcamp!

chordate68

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Depends. I've decided that I'm going to purchase one based on the ability to use a stylus and handwrite notes on to it. Which will lower my use of paper/pencils/etc... and allow me to carry less each day.
THIS!!!

I was so happy when apple announced that they were developing a tablet.
Excited at the prospect of using this tablet to cut down on my note taking in math and chemistry, I began saving.

I was so disappointed in Apple when I learned that there was no native handwriting recognition. It shouldn't even be called a tablet! /rant

nec207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Depends. I've decided that I'm going to purchase one based on the ability to use a stylus and handwrite notes on to it. Which will lower my use of paper/pencils/etc... and allow me to carry less each day.
THIS!!!

I was so happy when apple announced that they were developing a tablet.
Excited at the prospect of using this tablet to cut down on my note taking in math and chemistry, I began saving.

I was so disappointed in Apple when I learned that there was no native handwriting recognition. It shouldn't even be called a tablet! /rant

I think there is app for handwriting recognition :eek:

chordate68

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
Los Angeles

I think there is app for handwriting recognition :eek:

I'm sure there is, but I'd rather have it be native to the OS than using 3rd party software. I'd rather have Apple give us a more useful feature than facetime, which still only works with wifi. IMHO

nec207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
May be the next iPad the iPad 4 will have sirl ?

And better camera and Quad core CPU.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
128 yottabyte SSD
9 Thunderbolt ports
17 USB ports
3D screen
Holograms
Ultra retina display (1m x 1m pixels)
1TB RAM
7 terrapixel camera

2mm thin and only $49.

Shame even if I am CEO of Apple I can't actually defy laws of physics. Oh well.

nec207

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
128 yottabyte SSD
9 Thunderbolt ports
17 USB ports
3D screen
Holograms
Ultra retina display (1m x 1m pixels)
1TB RAM
7 terrapixel camera

2mm thin and only $49.

Shame even if I am CEO of Apple I can't actually defy laws of physics. Oh well.

The camera they have now is HD !! Do you really need it any better ? If they start giving you USB ports and Thunderbolt ports than it will not be thin iPad !!

dommeister

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
Ontop of the existing iPad 3 I'd like - SD card slot, 128gb option. Pretty sure that's it!

Just give me more storage. 64gb is paltry.

With the new screen it's pretty dandy. The only things I would want is a SD slot and 128GB of storage. Then it would be perfect.

I'd offer a built in SD slot. USB Support for looking at pictures on pen sticks.

I would agree with these three posters and their rationale.

In the iPad (4th Generation) I suspect that 128GB will be an option along with it having a quad core CPU.

I would also hope that a wider spectrum of 4G frequencies would be supported for it to be truly global.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
The camera they have now is HD !! Do you really need it any better ? If they start giving you USB ports and Thunderbolt ports than it will not be thin iPad !!

images

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.