iFlicks 2 - can't add movies to app

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by krscearce, Aug 6, 2016.

1. krscearce macrumors newbie

Just purchased iFlicks 2 in order to add metadata and artwork to my movies in iTunes (in order to then play on Apple TV 4). When I tried to add a movie (they are all either .mp4 or .m4v) it doesn't work. Can anyone help me troubleshoot?

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Did you contact the developer? Do those same files work with Plex or Infuse?

3. krscearce thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Aug 6, 2016 ---
    The same files do work with Plex. Have not contacted developer, was hoping someone here would have suggestions - but I guess I will have to do that. Thanks.

4. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

Is the app itself not accepting the file, or is it processing the file but not adding it to iTunes?

5. krscearce thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Aug 6, 2016 ---
    When I try to add a movie file to the app it simply do not get added. Nothing happens - sort as if it just hit a wall. You can add a movie file by using the "+" button in the app or by dragging the file into the app - neither works. The file does not get added to the app, so no processing of the file occurs.

6. tjwilliams25 macrumors 6502

That's strange. I've had that issue with iTunes before, hence my question, but not with iFlicks itself. I know it probably sounds silly, but have you tried restarting your Mac? That's the only thing that fixes the iTunes issue for me.