Ign thinks ipad games suck lol

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stirolak123, Mar 2, 2011.

1. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Not a very well-written article, but a lot of people don't like the i* devices as gaming platforms. To each their own.

2. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well what do they expect from t ouchsscreen onlysince theyre too cheap for a fling or stylus, and apps that cost $.99? So nba jam and dead space suck? Lol i wonder what ign's opinion of the wii is.

3. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I should be hired by ign wireless. I would turn the entire site around. Hck i think my personal blog linked to my sig is better written than their articles, yet im broke and live in my moms basement lol as they described idevice devs. Please hire me ign, lol so i dont have to live in my moms basement and can use my journalism degree further.

4. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

Did either of you guys read the article? They're saying that some devs do straight iPhone to iPad ports and that is why some of the games suck. They weren't saying that the iPad sucks as a platform; they were just saying that devs are being lazy and need to change some things.

5. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you seen the 3ds lineup of lanch games? Theyre almost all ports of n64 games. And do u remember how they praised the dragon quest and ff square remakes for the ds? Now were getting ff3 with better polygons and already got secret of mana yet ign is silent.

6. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Plus we got speedball, a new minotaur game, double dragon and just a whole bunch of retro games. Id rather ply remakes of retro games than zelda 64 for the 8th time or blast corps.

7. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

They are invested on consoles (ps3,etc). They are invested on high-end games. I love those games, too. I likes games period. iDevices bring a new user interface: Touch, on-hand game that is in your face!

Plus, developers cannot afford unreal engine licenses except gameloft, apparently.

8. shingi70 macrumors regular

Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition from CAPCOM
    The Sims™ 3 from EA
    Madden NFL Football from EA SPORTS
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
    LEGO® Star Wars® III: The Clone Wars™ from LucasArts™
    RIDGE RACER® 3D from NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
    Super Monkey Ball™ 3D from SEGA
    BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE™ from Square-Enix, Inc.
    SAMURAI WARRIORS®: Chronicles from TECMO KOEI AMERICA Corp.
    Asphalt™ 3D from UBISOFT
    Combat of Giants™: Dinosaurs 3D from UBISOFT
    Rayman® 3D from UBISOFT
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars from UBISOFT

none of those are N64 ports.

also with all do respect most of them do suck. alot of good but tons more suck.

also that ff3 is a port of a ds game and secret of mana is a super nintendo port.

9. Stirolak123, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011

Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats probably why they wont hire me, the Gaming companies wouldnt allow my style of reporting. Ceck out my recent hunters preview:

http://ipadmodo.com/11226/hunters-episode-1-gameplay-hands-on-for-ipad/

I think its much better than some of their previews and I wrote it in under an hour. Compare it with this one isnt it at least as well written?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152889p1.html

Oh btw here is a piece i recently qeote on suite101 about virtual reality, if you have time check it out:
    http://www.suite101.com/content/vir...ding-toward-reality-sooner-than-later-a353922

I use art studio for photoshopping and can do some cool graphical design stuff as well:
    http://www.tablets.com/uncategorize...ing-systems-and-their-two-schools-of-thought/
    http://appmodo.com/45928/apple-investors-choose-not-to-have-steve-jobs-succession-plan-revealed/

10. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im not gonna get suckered in your argument again but if you enjoy paying over $30 for rayman over paying $1 for the same game on the idevices made by gameloft (with ubisofts blessing) there is no reason to continue this discussion.

11. shingi70 macrumors regular

No ones getting suckered if their not the same game = ). I'm also paying for the fact that i have glasses free 3D and games with much bigger budgets.

12. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

That doesn't really have anything to do with what IGN was saying. They were criticizing the touch controls of the games that they ported from iPhone to iPad. As they said, iPhones are controlled by thumbs, iPads are controlled by a single hand. Devs need to address this.

13. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats not the fault of the decice and its a stupid personal preference. Personal preferences for keyboards or non touchscreen decices is not journalism. They are trying to criticise ipad software with hardware arguments. And their fallacy lies in the fact thst you can get control addons like the fling if your a gsming junkie enough. But if your willing to spend $250 for nintendo games on the go with $50 a pop for a gsme you can get almost free on ipad on a much nicer and bigger screen and battery, you should be hardcore enough to buy a pair of flings.

14. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well if its not that rayman, i know i read for a fact a rayman 2 port is part of the launch linrup by ubisoft. So its another rayman than but argument still holds true. The gameloft port is actually great wuality and faithful.

15. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

+1

You seem to be getting all defensive over an article that doesn't say a single bad word about the iPad. All it is are a list of common design mistakes iDevelopers need to keep in mind during game development. If anything, I think this shows the author supports the iPad as a platform and wants to see it improve and get stronger.

16. aluren macrumors 65816

This. I think the article makes perfect sense.

17. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

As much I used to like IGN in the past, I would say their community is a pretty unfriendly place to Apple and anything iOS. It just feels dominated by the new Modern Warfare type generation of xbox and ps3 kids who unfortunately give the term "fanboy" a new and ugly meaning.

18. h00ligan macrumors 68030

the games don't suck...

controlling anything that involves virtual buttons does.

I'm still waiting for apple to make a peripheral that can turn the idevices into real gaming platforms... rather than 5 min casual (which I also enjoy).

19. Stirolak123, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

Here ya go:
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/03/gdc-2011-out-of-this-world-another-world-coming-to-ipad/

Brand new announcement. Much better port or remake than any of that 3ds n64 port launch lineup or even crap like rayman rabbits. If your a true gamer who grew up on dos and amigs youll agree. F@k the kids growing up on snes and n64 were the true gamers.

Also hereis anothercool game that got announced for racing fans:
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/03/gdc-2011-the-binary-mills-mini-moto-racing-exclusive-video/

20. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I hate those mindless, pointless, non creative fps games thst are reskinned gsmes from last year. They are made for braindead children who have no creativity. At least nintendo tries to be creztive withs tuff likemkirbys epic yarn.

21. Stirolak123, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

22. EthanNixon macrumors 6502a

EthanNixon

You download Street Fighter 4 for your iPad, and I will play you on my 3DS when I get it. I guarantee you I will win every time. Obviously we can'y do that though. Playing games with physical buttons is a lot more fun than playing on a virtual screen.

23. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Name me one real time strategybgame like that "z" game in that line up or starfront that ever worked on a controller. I hate bulky controlelrs and would never carry one around. If i need good precision ill just carry the small fling in a pouch and attach it.

Or name one classic adventure game like 7th guest or myst that worked beter with a controller. You cant. And those games are better than your stupid street fighter. I grew out of fighting games when the arcades died in the late 90s and i was a teenager. Now im playing catchup on all the mature and thinking games i missed and the ipad is a blessing in this regard. Street fighter is not an intellectusl game so to speak.

24. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I absolutely agree about the FPS game market...Also, loved Kirby's Epic Yarn. Awesome game! :D